What's new

New Soap on order.

Just ordered some Eucalyptus soap from here. Never heard of them before, I was searching for shaving mugs and found this site.

I like the idea of supporting a small business/home industry like this, was only £6 with postage, if its any good i'll get the Cedarwood one too.

I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives.
C

I'll get the lather going as soon as it arrives....hurry hurry!
Prorasso is eucalyptus scented so it may nice and cooling.

Whats this about olive oil based soaps being crap? Do they lather poorly or is it in the shave that they are poor? Good job it did not cost much.
C

PS they do ship internationaly, enquire for rates.

Last edited:
Thanks Mikey, after 1000 posts you'd think I'd know the difference between there and their. I do love this site, my wife thinks I'm completely nuts, but we're happy.

IWhats this about olive oil based soaps being crap? Do they lather poorly or is it in the shave that they are poor? Good job it did not cost much.

My experience w/olive oil-based soaps is that yes, they lather extremely poorly. As in, you get some little bit of lather going but as soon as you apply it to your face it's gone. Nothing's left. 0. Zilch. Nada. Niente. Bupkis. Your skin might be a little slick but nonetheless, the shaves are sub-par. Thus far every olive oil-based shaving soap I've used has been relegated to shower duty.

That being said, do keep us posted. Maybe this stuff will be different.

My experience w/olive oil-based soaps is that yes, they lather extremely poorly. As in, you get some little bit of lather going but as soon as you apply it to your face it's gone. Nothing's left. 0. Zilch. Nada. Niente. Bupkis. Your skin might be a little slick but nonetheless, the shaves are sub-par. Thus far every olive oil-based shaving soap I've used has been relegated to shower duty.

That being said, do keep us posted. Maybe this stuff will be different.

Ok its here, just got in from work, brush is soaking and have a cold beer on the go.

Stay tuned, will report back in 30 mins.

I mast say I am dissapointed to hear olive oil soaps are poor, I should have researched further first. It was an impulse purchase!
C

OK, back with my beer.

Yup, hate to say it but you were all right, take a bow.
THE SOAP SUCKED ***. What a dissapointment.
Started to lather well in a bowl then fell flat its (and my) face. Smelled ok but that's it.
It is going straight in the bin.

There should be a stickey warning peeps about these soaps, not to say that it can't be done but that so far they are all rubish.

C

Zubar, bad luck. Oh well, it could have been the opposite, it could have been amazing and we would all be going crazy to get some. Don't throw it out though. Put it on the BST and trade it or PIF it for the cost of postage. I hate to throw stuff out. You never know who might like it or what you can use it in combo with. Maybe if someone milled it and put it into a stick it might be a great face latherer??

Zubar, bad luck. Oh well, it could have been the opposite, it could have been amazing and we would all be going crazy to get some. Don't throw it out though. Put it on the BST and trade it or PIF it for the cost of postage. I hate to throw stuff out. You never know who might like it or what you can use it in combo with. Maybe if someone milled it and put it into a stick it might be a great face latherer??

I'd PIF it to a curious person. Who knows may work well for the next guy.

Top Bottom