What's new

Shaving creme

Hi all.

I have been shaving with a DE for tre months now, and the last month I have been using The Gentelmans Refinery shaving creme. Before that, I used a Palmolive shaving creme, wich made a nice lather. The TGR feels great, but it seems to me, that i have to use a large amount of creme to make lather for tre passes. Oalso, the lather feels soft, but it is very "flat" and not "fluffy". Is this just me or?? Can you put the creme on with your hands??

Best, K Sparrow

generally with most better shaving creams (non aerosol or canned) you need to use a brush for best results, either by mixing a little dab of the shaving cream with water in a bowl/mug or face lathering to really bring out the lather from it which is when you will get a nice thick cushion of lather

check out Mantic's you tube videos for info

building lather is kind of an art and without a shaving brush is not the same.I have used a couple time a brushless cream and what can I say?It wasn't the same,not even close.Take your time developing a good technique and you will be amazed of the results.

A cream without a brush is like cake without icing. You can't whip up a nice thick warm lather with just your hands. You can pick up a great Vulfix 660 medium pure badger brush from leesrazors.com for $33. It's my go-to brush and works great!

Top Bottom