What's new

Lectric Shave as DE prep?

i remember trying this lectric shave pre splash stuff as a pre-electric prep, but my beard just doesnt budge for electrics. ive heard of people using this as a pre-DE shave prep. any experience with this product?

I've used lectric shave with my fusion back before my DE days and remember being amazed by it. i used just that and water. i enjoy my traditional prep though. screw the contemporary stuff!

Lectric shave works pretty well as a hair tonic; 'specially if you have gray hair. It really makes the gray hair sparkle. Not a bad way to use it up once you acquire a brush/cream/soap.

HTH.

-- John Gehman

I tried it as a prep/ shaving oil when I first started.
I don't recall it being especially memorable, either way. YMMV

I will make a suggestion though, I have had good results with "shave secret" as a shave oil. It helps until you find the right soap/cream, and get your lather down. Now I only use it if I plan on really going after the hard to reach spots on my neck.

I recall asking this question not too long ago. I have a bottle lying around (NO idea where I got it from originally) and thought to use it. After reading the ingredient list on the back I promptly put it where it right belongs....in the trash can.

I found an old bottle of lectric shave awhile back and tried it. It worked very well for me (better than Shave Secret drops) and did not leave my face dried out. Rinsed off well. I posted about it awhile back.

Top Bottom