What's new

Tell me about Mama Bear's Soaps

I've seen Mama Bear's mentioned in many threads (and I'm sure the answer's out there somewhere) but I wanted fresh perspective on the soaps.

Wow. What a range of scents! Any recommendations?

I was thinking of getting some of the kids' bath soaps (to soften the blow of my SSAD :biggrin:) but what about the shaving soaps?

Thanks in advance for sharing!

~Paul

I use Mama Bears soaps almost exclusively. They are of very high quality and as you stated the scent range is tremendous. I usually have 3 in daily rotation. The packaging is perfect. The 3 in my rotation right now are Rosemary Mint (highly recommended), Rosewood, and Hydrogen (a very clean fresh scent). I have also used Vanilla Sandalwood. Yep, with Mama Bear's huge range my needs are met except for when I want to use a cream and of course there is only 1 cream in my rotation...Trumper's Rose. Try her soaps. You will like them.:smile:

Once upon a time there were three....ah, nevermind. :biggrin: But seriously, go over into the reviews section (shaving soaps) and do a search for 'Mama Bear's' - there's a raftload of information and opinions on many of Mama's soaps. Good luck! :thumbup1:

When I was ready to purchase my first glycerin soap it came down to Mama Bear and Honeybee soaps. They both had a lot of scents and were reasonably priced. I ended up going with Honeybee because they were about $1-2 cheaper.

Honeybee worked ok for me. Lather was light/airy and not too thick:frown: Also it burns my face slightly (I think it has too much fragrance). Not all people experience the burn though. All in all I wasn't impressed with glycerin soaps at this point.

Then I tried Col Conk soap and it blew me away. Cheap, better lather than Honeybee, and no burn:smile: It does dry my skin a bit despite what other members opinion.

I then obtained mysore sandalwood Mamabear soap from a member here. Lather was much better than Honeybee and similar to Col Conk or maybe a tad bit better. Scent was nice and not as strong as Honeybee. No Burn :biggrin:

So out of the Glycerin soaps i have tried I rank them in effectiveness (not value) as
1) Mamabear
2) Col Conk
3) Honeybee (Wouldn't buy again because of the burn)

Thanks, gents! I'm going to get something for the kids (depending on ingredients) and I already cleared my SSAD purchase with SWMBO!

Mamabear's here I come!

~Thanks again,

Paul

Top Bottom