What's new

Rooneys in Finest, Silvertip, and Super Silvertip

Does anyone have experience with all three kinds of Rooney grades? I was wondering what the tangible differences would be.
I mean things like, what is the order in terms of softness? In terms of floppiness? In terms of overall quality and utility (I know it varies, I just want your experiences)?
I just saw Jim got a Rooney Finest and I've been considering them, so that is why I ask.
Thank You

The Rooney finest is their highest grade. Its not the softest though. I would rank the Heritage line as the softest. The finest is a two band brush, has more backbone than their silvertip counterparts but is a bit scrubby too. I had a 2/1 in super silvertip, liked it but bought one in finest when it was offered for sale on this board a few months ago. The difference I saw was more density, better backbone and I just enjoy using it more. It creates great lather with either soap or cream and its a favorite brush. The price difference is significant though.

For the record, I only have a few Supers and a Finest. I understand the Silvertip is pretty similiar in sensation to the Supers, without the coloring of the tips. Super is soft, while the Finest is a totally different sensation. It is a bit scrubby, the hair has a springy characteristic. Both will remain in my rotation. :001_smile

So the super silvertip is a higher grade than the silvertip right? It costs more and usually higher hair grade brushes cost more. It's confusing because I'm pretty sure Rooney makes a super, a silvertip, a super silvertip, and a finest and I never got it straight what order they were in

Wait, no. It's a pure. A best. A silvertip. A super silvertip. And a finest.
What is the "Finest"? Like what would another company call it is what I mean

Higher grade as in visually superior. I have been told that functionally, the silvertip and super silvertip are very similiar. Finest is the most expensive, but definitely not the softest.

Mmm I see. This is all very helpful. I had never even noticed how much more expensive the finer is. I don't think I'm going to invest in one of those. I think I'll be fine with a silvertip or super silvertip once I make up my mind to make a purchase...Thanks guys

The Rooney finest is their highest grade. Its not the softest though. I would rank the Heritage line as the softest. The finest is a two band brush, has more backbone than their silvertip counterparts but is a bit scrubby too. I had a 2/1 in super silvertip, liked it but bought one in finest when it was offered for sale on this board a few months ago. The difference I saw was more density, better backbone and I just enjoy using it more. It creates great lather with either soap or cream and its a favorite brush. The price difference is significant though.

+1
It was a tough choice for me between keeping the 2/1 Finest and Emillion, since they each had special attributes, but I kept the 2/1 because it released the lather easier.

Oh yea. That was another question I had. Since I can't quite afford the Finest, I was wondering if you had any info on how well the silvertips release lather onto the face.

Not had a problem with the 2/1 in either Super or Finest. I had a 1/2 Super for a while that performed almost as well, but that specific brush was denser and stiffer than either of the others. None were quite as greedy as the Heritage (Emillion).

Top Bottom