What's new

Itching skin too long after shaving female legs - please help

A female colleague of mine complained her legs skin is itching two days after shaving. I have been asked to recommend an aftershave or any advice on how to stop itching.
Itching two days after shaving! To mee it seems too long. I don't know details of her shaving, what lotion she uses, how she applies her shaving cream and what kind she uses. So far I know she knows well about "no pressure" rule.

Please what are possible causes of two days itching ? Chemical reaction and sensitivity from most likely a canned foam or a lotion ? Or something else is possible too ? There are no burns, only itching.

Thank you.

And I forgot to say, she beleives the itching is caused by hair regrowth. Possibly so, but that's only her guess.

I never experienced such itching so I am really confused. Maybe female's hair is different than ours ? Is it possible it's the way she shaves her legs, ATG, WTG or something like that ?

sounds like dry skin to me. Then again, DE shaving does cause the hair to feel different when it grows back, this may be causing the itching sensation. I vote for dry skin however. Change soaps/creams and get an aftershave balm (that doesn't smell like man balm).

She can try OTC anti-itch compounds, like Benydryl or cortisone creams, to deal with the itch. She can also try a different shave method - electric if she uses a blade now or vice versa, cold water v. hot, shave at night v. morning, etc., etc..

If none of this brings relief, she should see a dermatologist. Itching as a sensation is highly subjective and it may be difficult to find a root physical cause (it could be entirely psycho-somatic), but a dermatologist could guide her in the right direction and certainly could provide stronger anti-itch remedies.

as mentioned sounds like dry skin and or the hair growing back, she could try a moisturizing lotion -any type and or shaving more often too :biggrin:

Top Bottom