What's new

Just threw out the Mach 3

Well it's only a week and bit since my Merkur HD arrived in the post. But the good results have been faster than I expected. Just now have thrown out my Mach 3, Shick, and other cartridge related crap that was cluterring the top of my dresser.

I'm now doing 2xWTG and 1xXTG and getting pretty soild results, shaving everyday, which I've never done in my 8 years of shaving, and getting less irratation than when I shaved once or twice per week with the cartidge!!

I used to walk round work constantly looking scruffy and unshaven. Changed my life!! hehe :thumbup:

Thanks for all the advice everyone, this is my 3rd post in my first week, and every one has had good advice.

THE KEY THINGS THAT I'VE FOUND FOR ANY OTHER NEWB's is:

1. TECHNIQUE: Correct pressure and angle (Very light). THe other thing to note is that different parts of my face and neck require entirely different techniques, it's exciting adventure!! For example on my cheeks I can just do anything and it work but n my adams apple it requires perfect care and attention with different pressure and more concentration!

2. LATHER: Just the other night discovered by being a bit more aggressive with my shave brush yielded a much thicker lather that generated a much better "Glide". I've also found it's much better to have a lather that has too much water rather than too little. As long as it hold to you face it's probably thick enough. Too little water it doesn't lubricate properly.

3. I also swithed from Feather blades (bad idea) to Astra SP's. This stopped all the cuts and from what I can tell cut just as well.

Thanks everyone so far for the good posts and advice!

Well it's only a week and bit since my Merkur HD arrived in the post. But the good results have been faster than I expected. Just now have thrown out my Mach 3, Shick, and other cartridge related crap that was cluterring the top of my dresser.

I'm now doing 2xWTG and 1xXTG and getting pretty soild results, shaving everyday, which I've never done in my 8 years of shaving, and getting less irratation than when I shaved once or twice per week with the cartidge!!

I used to walk round work constantly looking scruffy and unshaven. Changed my life!! hehe :thumbup:

Thanks for all the advice everyone, this is my 3rd post in my first week, and every one has had good advice.

THE KEY THINGS THAT I'VE FOUND FOR ANY OTHER NEWB's is:

1. TECHNIQUE: Correct pressure and angle (Very light). THe other thing to note is that different parts of my face and neck require entirely different techniques, it's exciting adventure!! For example on my cheeks I can just do anything and it work but n my adams apple it requires perfect care and attention with different pressure and more concentration!

2. LATHER: Just the other night discovered by being a bit more aggressive with my shave brush yielded a much thicker lather that generated a much better "Glide". I've also found it's much better to have a lather that has too much water rather than too little. As long as it hold to you face it's probably thick enough. Too little water it doesn't lubricate properly.

3. I also swithed from Feather blades (bad idea) to Astra SP's. This stopped all the cuts and from what I can tell cut just as well.

Thanks everyone so far for the good posts and advice!

Congrats! Your story sounds similar to mine.

Good tips as well.

I do have experience the same than you,...technique,light pressure,proper lather and patience with the results.With those things on mind you can really enjoy your everyday shave!

Top Bottom