What's new

A Brushless Shaving Cream

When travelling for short periods (1, maybe 2 nights in a hotel), I would like to avoid dragging around a wet brush. My Merkur comes apart, so that will pack nicely with a fresh blade in its wax paper overwrap. Styptic pencil takes no space whatsoever. Lotions are always on the counter of the room.

Therefore, are there any good BRUSHLESS Shave creams that you simply apply to your wet beard with your fingertips? I realize that there will not be a foamy lather, but as long as it lubricates the shave, I'm good with that. I remember years ago, my Dad using a Brushless Cream, I think possibly Williams.

Thanks for your advice.

Tim, there are countless brushless creams out there. Baxters and Anthonys come to mind. I also hear that Cremo Creame is nice. Locally you can pick up King of Shaves.

The nicest brushless shave cream I have used is Nancy Boy. It also works well with a brush. The aftershave gel is one of my favorites. Nancy Boy also carries travel size quantities of most of their products at the www.nancyboy.com website. A more basic and less expensive option would be Kiss My Face Moisture Shave Cream which is available at Whole Foods Market.

JimT

The Nancy Boy is a good choice... esp since they have travel sizes.

Musgo Real also works well brushless... and it's in a tube so it's easy to tote around.

JimT said:
The nicest brushless shave cream I have used is Nancy Boy. It also works well with a brush. The aftershave gel is one of my favorites. Nancy Boy also carries travel size quantities of most of their products at the www.nancyboy.com website. A more basic and less expensive option would be Kiss My Face Moisture Shave Cream which is available at Whole Foods Market.

JimT
and don't forget - the KMF creams are also GREAT with your brush... so they are kind of dual-purpose.

I think just about any cream will lather well enough by hand. In my travel days(80% for 30 Yrs) I usedcoates rose in a tube.

Lately I've had some success with Nancy Boy for a reasonably good shave in the shower.

JCMH said:
I have heard that Proraso in a can works well also.

I can report that Proraso in a can does work well on vacation. I took a can on a recent trip, and even with the Sensor razor I took instead of a DE, it still gave me a decent shave without all the involvement and mess of the normal process. I wouldn't want to do it for an extended period of time, but it worked OK and cut down on the stuff you have to pack.

YMMV.

I used Nancy Boy brushless this weekend and it worked very well.

I've also used Tom's of Maine without a brush with no problems.

Tom's of Maine has gotten great reviews though not my favorite.

I myself like J/A/S/O/N for my brushless choice.

Top Bottom