What's new

Anise

I recently went for a sample of the Gentleman's Refinery Black Ice shaving cream. I like Licorice generally. So getting a shaving cream with Anise was exciting in and of itself. BUT...then I actually used it... :biggrin1:

Based on the 4 shaves I got out of my sample, I think the Anise has a definite softening effect on the beard, and really led to an extra smooth shave. Anyone else had any experience with this?

The fact that it smells different, and good, is pure gravy. :001_cool:

Well, I really don't care for the smell (or taste, for that matter) of anise. But I have used TGR's Black Ice cream as well as their Standard cream. They both perform similarly. I find the Standard's scent to be awesome, actually. It's a really nice, lavender-meets-clean linen smell that's just gorgeous. The creams are super slick, and perform like the 3Ts in my experience. A nod to TGR for using natural ingredients, as well.

Many gents around here don't seem to care for the TGR creams, which I haven't quite figured out. I think the Standard is particularly worth trying.

Many gents around here don't seem to care for the TGR creams, which I haven't quite figured out. I think the Standard is particularly worth trying.

It's my daily cream, and with the exception of Prorarso (I think everyone should have this, unless they are allergic), is my only cream. Granted, I've whittled down my collection recently, but I love this stuff.

I'd noticed the lack of mention for TGR in a lot of the discussions.

I can understand how the Anise would be an "acquired taste".

I've used the standard as well. The TGR creams really do perform very well. Easy lather and provide plenty of glide and protection IMO.

I'd noticed the lack of mention for TGR in a lot of the discussions.

I can understand how the Anise would be an "acquired taste".

I've used the standard as well. The TGR creams really do perform very well. Easy lather and provide plenty of glide and protection IMO.

Not to mention (for me, at least), very moisturizing and easy on the skin.

For me, TGR creams perform really well. Great lather. Nice, simple, light scent for "The Standard", but the "Black Ice" is a slightly more pronounced, licorice scent (still nice though and I don't care for licorice). To boot, my face seems much healthier and feels great after each use.

Top Bottom