What's new

Dried out lather?

I just tried my first DE shave this afternoon after using a Mach 3 with aerosol gel for years. I used Cremo cream and a DE razor, and it seemed that the cream kept drying out on my face. It never really worked up to a good lather like I think it should. I kept adding water, but nothing seemed to work... any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

For starters, I think Cremo is a great brushless cream; i.e., works great WITHOUT working it into a lather. (You can make a lather out of it but I think it was principally designed to be used brushless. Others can correct me if I'm wrong.)

Did you apply it directly to your face? With a brush or without? Did you add water to the brush, or to your face?

I used a brush and made the lather in a bowl... I tried it again (minus the shaving) and seemed to get it to work better with a lot more water... but it's still not as smooth as I expected.

It works better as a brushless cream, IMHO. If you want a cream to lather try Speick, any of the Kiss My Face scents or, if you like menthol Proraso,

Top Bottom