What's new

Shampoo & Conditioner

With so many diffrerent Shave Products, let alone Hair Care ... I was curious to what everyone uses for Shampoo & Conditioner ... ??? ...

I Need to try JoAnna's products ... I have read only good things about Them ... ... Thanks for the reply ...

Tribe said:
With so many diffrerent Shave Products, let alone Hair Care ... I was curious to what everyone uses for Shampoo & Conditioner ... ??? ...

Most of the time I use Pantene Pro V. I also really like Suave Humectant, but I don't use it very often because my wife doesn't care for it.

Tim

I just bought Mama Bear's shampoo I think it is the best I have ever used. it just makes my hair feel clean without a detergent feeling, I know it might sound funny, but my hair feels cleaner.

Sue,

Do you have anything that might be good for dry scalp. Not severe in anyway but i currently use head and shoulders just to keep my scalp moisturized. I'd love to use a shampoo that decreased how often I have to condition.

Thanks,

John

Yes ... I meant Sue ... Was replying to JoAnna ... Long Day & Even Longer Night ... ...

I have only got the mild daily shampoo right now but it is very gentle. I have psorriasis and can only use this or the ketoconazol (sp?) prescription shampoo.. I am truly convinced that the psorriasis has been caused by SLS in shampoo amoung other reasons and the prescription stuff I have to use oddly enough has SLS in it. I feel like I am on a treadmill that goes in a circle... :blushing:

I continue to research this subject and hopefully will have a solution some day. I know a lot of people use pine tar shampoos.. but they smell horrible and also have SLS in them....

The biggest problem is folks expect huge mounds of lather with shampoo.. the only way to do that is to add a lather enhancer... and the lather enhancer will dry out your skin and cause problems. So a good shampoo will actually have very little lather in it and people don't want to use it because of this. It is a catch 22 and if anyone has found another way of doing this, I am all ears... ! :smile:

But... the way it used to be done 50 years ago... was with the same bar of soap that you washed your body with. Many of the soapmakers use this method and swear by it. Just make sure you are using a good homemade CP or hardmilled soap, and be aware that it will dry your hair out some... Shampoo is much more gentle than soap but it contains irritants. Another catch 22. Use the mildest shampoo you can find is the best advise I can give you.

The best conditioner in the entire world is real mayonnaise.. ! I condition for 20 minutues and THEN wash my hair.. sometimes I will use mayo (whenever I remember to grab the mayo before heading for the bath tub) It has a lot of oil in it so be careful using around a slick shower! Bathtub is best....but it can still get slick.

I would buy a bar of the 100% Coconut soap on my CP Soaps page that is made by my friend Cyndi on her farm. She superfats this 20% for me and there is only the natural coconut oil fragrance in it. Use this in the bath on your body and hair. This is hands down my favorite soap... Now that I have said that, I am going to grab a bar or two and hide them from you..... :crying: :scared:

jbasl said:
Sue,

Do you have anything that might be good for dry scalp. Not severe in anyway but i currently use head and shoulders just to keep my scalp moisturized. I'd love to use a shampoo that decreased how often I have to condition.

Thanks,

John

Try doing the deep conditioning with mayo once a week before shampooing.....

I like mayonaise and all...but I dont think I could ever justify rubbing it in my hair. That just sounds incredibly disgusting to me.

The coconut soap is on my list of things to buy.

Frederick Fekkai Apple Cider Clarifying Shampoo and Apple Cider Conditioner. It works great, smells great. It takes a very small amount to do the job, a 16oz bottle lasts an average of 6 months and I shampoo every morning. I get it from Neimans.

Edcculus said:
I like mayonaise and all...but I dont think I could ever justify rubbing it in my hair. That just sounds incredibly disgusting to me.

The coconut soap is on my list of things to buy.

I hear you and used to feel the same way. Look at it this way.. would you rather have oil and egg yolk in your hair (stale beer or vinegar are good rinses too by the way, they will ph balance your hair) ................or have this in your hair...?

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Glycerin, Quaternium-18, Fragrance (Parfum), Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Lysine Hydrochloride, Silk Amino Acids [Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Arginine, Isoleucine, Cystine, Histidine, Glutamic Acid], Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E Acetate], Borago (Borago Officinalis) Extract [Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Eicosenoic Acid], Ascorbic Acid [Vitamin C], Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Edcculus said:

That was my first thought, but it is an old hair treatment - I remember my big sister doing it back in the mid-1950's.

Mayonnaise has a perfect set of ingredients to make a good conditioner. Food grade oil, eggs (protein), and vinegar (acid cleansing).

Tim

ratcheer said:
That was my first thought, but it is an old hair treatment - I remember my big sister doing it back in the mid-1950's.

Mayonnaise has a perfect set of ingredients to make a good conditioner. Food grade oil, eggs (protein), and vinegar (acid cleansing).

Tim

Vinegar will also restore the hairs natural PH balance...

Alright. 3 bars of soap to the first guy who tries this and posts a picture....and a review. I want to prove this to you that it works! Now remember, 1/2 cup mayo on the hair, plastic bag over the head. Let it sit for 20 minutes and wash it out and then shampoo....

The things I do for you guys...... :001_rolle

Top Bottom