What's new

General Motors has finally lost it!!

So instead of using our taxpayer dollars to work their way out from under thier mounting debt and bad reputation, they have decided to waste more of our money on pipe dreams. Case in point, they have decided to utilize our research and development dollars on making proffesor x's wheelchair a reality with the help of the same people who brought us the segway, a vehicle that is so successful that I have yet to see one first hand unbelievable. This will teach me to watch the news. :mad:

proxy.php

... they have decided to utilize our research and development dollars on making proffesor x's wheelchair a reality with the help of the same people who brought us the segway, a vehicle that is so successful that I have yet to see one first hand unbelievable. ...
I don't know about the program you are referencing, but the Segway is not so elusive. My local Sam's Club has them for sale, a local tour company uses them as transportation for "walking" tours, and at least one local mall has some for a portion of their security force.

I don't know about the program you are referencing, but the Segway is not so elusive. My local Sam's Club has them for sale, a local tour company uses them as transportation for "walking" tours, and at least one local mall has some for a portion of their security force.

I have seen them in use in San Antonio for the Alamo tours in downtown. I have also seen a police department in South Texas use them to patrol their downtown business area.

Raf

What do you expect giving money to companies/individuals that can't manage the money they already have.

So instead of using our taxpayer dollars to work their way out from under thier mounting debt and bad reputation, they have decided to waste more of our money on pipe dreams. Case in point, they have decided to utilize our research and development dollars on making proffesor x's wheelchair a reality with the help of the same people who brought us the segway, a vehicle that is so successful that I have yet to see one first hand unbelievable. This will teach me to watch the news. :mad:

proxy.php

The same guy that brought us the Segway also brought us the mobile dialysis system and the first insulin pump. The Segway was just a novel use of stabilization technology from an all-terrain wheelchair he'd created. Just so ya know.

Don't get me wrong, I think that device is ugly as sin, but it may actually segue (pun intended) into a more useful device.

Last edited:
I am pretty much sure, if you are in a heavily populated area, you are bound to see one. My area is a little underpopulated, but I have seen many of them in various places. Not to negat the point you are trying to make. :blush:

The same guy that brought us the Segway also brought us the mobile dialysis system and the first insulin pump. The Segway was just a novel use of stabilization technology from an all-terrain wheelchair he'd created. Just so ya know.

Don't get me wrong, I think that device is ugly as sin, but it may actually segue (pun intended) into a more useful device.

How do you know all of the pieces of obscure trivia? I thought I was a walking encyclopedia of useless information.

How do you know all of the pieces of obscure trivia? I thought I was a walking encyclopedia of useless information.

Since I had a chance to use it in a discussion it doesn't classify as useless, does it? :biggrin:

I read an article about the "same guy that brought us the Segway" creating an ugly water-purifying bicycle and did a little research out of interest.

Edit: Also, in the interest of tying things in with the Mensa thread... there are many different types of intelligence and mine happens to work well with following threads of information.

Why is GM even still in existence? Other than Cadillac, they make no cars worth anything.

They're an American car company that employs a lot of people. A lot of people have pride in American-made goods and don't want a foreign car on principle.

That's my theory anyway. There's also the bailout.

I have seen them in use in San Antonio for the Alamo tours in downtown. I have also seen a police department in South Texas use them to patrol their downtown business area.

Raf

Our Mayor in Denver roams around on one and feeds meters on his lunch break :lol:

Wow , guess I have to get out to big cities beside's the Apple more, I honestly thought the Segway had died a quiet death years ago. Still think that GM would do well to work on the marketability of their conventional vehicles with internal combustion engines for the near future. BTW, my wife drives a GMC Envoy, so I am not anti-american vehicle by any means but to me this like watching a welfare recipient go out and by booze and lottery tickets with my money.

Link:http://www.cnbc.com/id/30079065/?for=cnbc

Ugh this is dumb. American made cars are crap since they overpay their employees compared to the foreign car makers. The foreign cars are engineered better too. Look at a foreign car vs an American car 10 yrs later, the foreign quality wins out (9 times out of 10).. I like the looks of the American cars and they always have good electronic things in them but the quality of them is garbage. I have owned a Chevy, Chrysler, Jeep and all had tons of parts breaking. Never have that with my Honda, Acura or Toyota. I wish I could support my own country's product. Let the companies fail, they won't be missed. I'll stick to buying a Honda/Toyota. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom