What's new

Just Introducing Myself

Hello All,

I wanted to introduce myself before I started asking a bunch of questions. I have been shaving with a Merkur long handled classic for the last six years, but just recently found this website. I have finally learned how to make lather and stopped using canned foam thanks to this site.

I have a bunch of razor questions, but I'll post them in the appropriate forums.

Thanks,
Travis

Hi Travis welcome aboard.

That is quite interesting that you were shaving with a merkur for so many years, but you hadn't adopted "badger lathering" into your routine. There is nothing wrong with that, I myself used my Gillette Tech with canned foam for a mounth while I gather my brush and soap. To me it just seemed that the two go hand in hand, both being classified as "the old method"

Again welcome to B&B, remember asking lots of questions is a good thing.:001_smile

Hi Travis welcome aboard.

That is quite interesting that you were shaving with a merkur for so many years, but you hadn't adopted "badger lathering" into your routine. There is nothing wrong with that, I myself used my Gillette Tech with canned foam for a mounth while I gather my brush and soap. To me it just seemed that the two go hand in hand, both being classified as "the old method"

Again welcome to B&B, remember asking lots of questions is a good thing.:001_smile

I received the Merkur along with a brush and mug for Christmas one year from my in-laws. I could not get the puck of Williams to lather so I gave up. The Merkur sat in a closet until I got tired of spending too much money on "modern" cartridges.

I finally learned to lather after lurking on this site for a couple of weeks.

Thanks again everyone.

Top Bottom