What's new

Magnetic Rings

Has anyone heard of using magnetic rings at night for increased all around well being? I had read about them in a book by Kevin Trudeau called Natural cures they don't want you to know about. Has anyone heard of them, tried them, or have any views on why it may or may not work? Here is the link to the website http://www.alexchiu.com/intelliscript/in.cgi?id=1238988640
The guy and his site are strange, but I'm a little interested in his product. Call me crazy.

I actually own a different form of these "magnetic" rings, mine came in bands. And you supposedly wrap the band around your wrist or some part of your body and the positive charge accents the electric charge in your body making you feel much better. These are VERY expensive and after wearing it for about a week, I felt absolutely no change. If you feel better after using these magnetic products, its 100% a placebo effect.

Is it possible that magnets could somehow affect our bodies in a positive manner? Yes.

But for the claims of pain relief or overall better well-being or especially the claim of imortality to be anything more than a scam they would have to know a lot more about the science behind the treatment.
For example:
How do they know there are no long term detrimental side effects? They certainly have not done long term tests to prove their claims, even on rats.
How do they know that the people who affirmed their claims didn't simply experience a psychological reaction or "placebo effect"? It is near impossible to measure pain or well-being in any scientific manner.

So I would DEFINITELY chock it up to a scam until they provide more testing and data to support their claims.

WHY on earth would he advertise this on his website?!?
Alex Chiu on the Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart
Does he not know they're making fun of him?

Last edited:
Must get me some of those Gorgeous Pills! I need all the help I can get...

A for magnets, I sleep between some. I have an old pair of 200W PA speakers that get used once in a blue moon and I use as bedside tables as I have nowhere else to put them in my little house.

Must be why I need the Gorgeous Pills...

Gareth

It is a complete scam, as is the book by Kevin Trudeau. Short answer: the magnetic fields coming from the magnets are far too weak to affect anything.

http://quackfiles.blogspot.com/2005/04/magnetic-therapy.html

The Magnetic thing, hmmmm. I HAVE AN AWESOME STEREO with JBL professional Speakers- each speaker driver has an 18 POUND Alnico magnet.
And when I sit real close to them and blast some great music it is amazing how much better I feel.

You got to get some REAL magnetic power going.

Kevin Trudeau is a world-reknowned charlatan. Anything he's hawking is suspect. I think there may be something to magnetic fields and health, but not like this snake-oil presentation.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
First the rings and then you end up with a bunch of rocks in a see-through pyramid...

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I say you should buy them.

Anyone who believes in this crap deserves to lose their money.

Top Bottom