What's new

Russian shaving soap?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
In every country that I've visited, there's usually a locally produced shaving soap. It might be regional or national but there's something. It might be good or not... Is there such a thing? Probably... Which? Where can I get some?

I was thinking this morning, are there any good Russian shaving soaps? I love the razor blades that are coming from Russia, so maybe I can always do a Russian combo.

Luc

Staff member
Mmm, that's a shame, they must hide it somewhere...

Last edited:
I didn't think it was be possible, but it looks like you've stumped B&B for a full day! Good job...I think.

There must be one. I don't believe I've noticed a Russian member here before so that might hurt the chance of finding out.

Luc

Staff member
I grew up in Moscow but I never saw anything like that. I'll have to ask my stepdad.

Thanks mate & thanks to everyone else for helping!

I already thought about another one but I will stick with the Russian soap first and will ask the other one later...:001_rolle

There must be one. I don't believe I've noticed a Russian member here before so that might hurt the chance of finding out.

D'oh! :mad3:

Unfortunately, there is no Russian shaving soap :bored: Personally I use MWF, Tabac and L'occitane.

Luc

Staff member
D'oh! :mad3:

Unfortunately, there is no Russian shaving soap :bored: Personally I use MWF, Tabac and L'occitane.

Thanks for your input mate. I am quite suprised at this but, that's the way it is, I guess. I will stick to the blades and vodka:tongue_sm

You are welcome!

Regarding blades - of all the blades that people believe to be Russian, I have only come across Gillette Rubie and Rapira here - both, rather poor shavers.

N

netzspannung

Huh, this thread is a bit old, but as a russian myself, I feel the need to redeem the motherland on this subject ))

not sure if you can buy shaving soap in bars, but you can certainly find it in tubes. It is made by the Svoboda factory, an enterprise dating back to the 19th century, much of the recipes haven't changed form back then. Look for the brand name. It is really old-school \ low tech \ no advertisement products, and as such have some collectors appeal. Some are quite good.
They still make tooth powder, btw..

Also, make sure to buy some russian cologne by Novaya Zarya, it is truely atrocious. Cat **** + cucumber scent + alcohol, just the right thing to wake you up in the mornings. Usually imbibed for greater effect.

cheers

Luc

Staff member
Good to know, the Svoboda factory would make shaving creams? Do you have a link that I could have a look at?

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
Hum, wonder how I could get a tube now...

Hum, wonder how I could get a tube now...

I have noticed that quite a few Italian deli's and supermarkets here in Melbourne stock Proraso products. Perhaps it may be worth checking out some of the Russian deli's (Russian Tidbits?? etc) here in Melbourne. You never know your luck.

I find your quest for global creams/soaps very interesting Luc. Hopefully someone speaks English at that company.

Top Bottom