What's new

Russian shaving soap?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I find your quest for global creams/soaps very interesting Luc. Hopefully someone speaks English at that company.

Cheers,

I guess I will have to try Russian...

Luc

Staff member
I just sent them an email and see how it will come out. I translated my English email to Russian and re-translated to French to see how it would come out. :001_huh:Terrible... Hope they are able to pick something up in there.

Luc

Staff member
If you can get access to some, I would be in for a tube.

I will let you know. So far, it's been a bit more than 24hrs and nothing back. Not a good sign... Unless they have a few resources trying to decypher my message :lol:

Luc

Staff member
All right, I am not giving up, yet...

I didn't get anything back from the Russian factory, they either do not read their email or they didn't understand anything in what I sent... I would go with #2 but something tells me that #1 could also be a major factor...

I have been searching with google translator on Russian websites to find another/same shaving soap. I guess it's a very rare thing as already mentionned up there. Russia seems to have a lot of imports from Germany, UK and France regarding their soaps. Unless I got the only websites that are carrying imported soaps...

I am determined to find a website that will ship something down under, so, still searching.

Luc

Staff member
Mate,
don't give up!
Try here for several different products:
"Svoboda" shaving cream, Soapy (sic): http://raduga-rzn.ru/shop/UID_3306.html
"Red Line (Krasnaya Liniya)" shaving cream, appears to be a Russian product made in the "Red Line" factory: http://raduga-rzn.ru/shop/UID_2668.html
"Red Line" for sensitive skin: http://raduga-rzn.ru/shop/UID_2667.html
"Svoboda" post-shave cream: http://raduga-rzn.ru/shop/UID_3305.html

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Good website - I will check with them as they only take cash on delivery or bank transfer...

I'm really interested in this as well.
My Sister-in-Law majored in Russian and would love it if I could get a tube or two for her husband.
Sounds like it might be too difficult to get though...

There's a Russian deli here but the one time I was there was very short. I remember seeing Russian Gillette disposables, sort of like the Good News. That's about all I remember seeing shaving wise, but I can go there and ask.

Luc

Staff member
All right, I received a message back from http://raduga-rzn.ru/ and they said they won't ship so far. They would only ship to their own city. Their recommendation is to find a shop in Moscow... The search continues... I will need to drop by a Deli shop eventually or give them a ring...

Ah! Here's your problem! You're looking for shaving soap when you should be looking for мыло. Now if you could only pronounce that...I believe it's close to mydło.

Luc

Staff member
Well, I am starting to believe that shaving soap is not very popular... However, it looks like there are a few shaving creams... I'm still hunting!

Luc

Staff member
I didn't forget about this one... I will be going to the Russian deli this week-end and report back... Hopefully they have a small, dusty tube hidden between two jars of Gherkins...

Edit: Is anyone in Russia able to get something (shaving soap or shaving cream)? It might be easier to buy it off another member if I come back with empty hands...

I didn't forget about this one... I will be going to the Russian deli this week-end and report back... Hopefully they have a small, dusty tube hidden between two jars of Gherkins...

Edit: Is anyone in Russia able to get something (shaving soap or shaving cream)? It might be easier to buy it off another member if I come back with empty hands...

I'm really enjoying this thread. I'd be keen to know if you find something and how well it works. Also, I've found that one of the strengths of B&B is exactly what you are asking -- we're a different kind of worldwide network and I suspect someone will help you out, at least once. Heck, a few weeks ago I volunteered to ship a 50lb/22kg block of rendered tallow to a board member for just what it costs my father to buy and ship.

Yeah, we're a different bunch alright... :laugh:

I'm really enjoying this thread. I'd be keen to know if you find something and how well it works. Also, I've found that one of the strengths of B&B is exactly what you are asking -- we're a different kind of worldwide network and I suspect someone will help you out, at least once. Heck, a few weeks ago I volunteered to ship a 50lb/22kg block of rendered tallow to a board member for just what it costs my father to buy and ship.

Yeah, we're a different bunch alright... :laugh:

<head scratch> ... ya gotta wonder what someone wanted with 50 lbs of tallow. lol.

@ the OP... good luck.. I'll be interested in your results as well.

Yeah, AaronX wants to make his own soap from scratch, so the Green Mountain Soap company is happy to help him out...just this once!

good luck to him... i thought maybe someone was in desperate need of a cholesterol boost. mmmmm, bacon... uh, taaaallllooow.

Top Bottom