What's new

How do you store your MWF??

If you don't have the bowl that basically doubles to triples the cost of your soap, where do you store your wool fat? What I am asking is, do you have a special bowl that fits it? Rubbermaid or something like it? I want it to be airtight and be good for travel and keep MWF from drying out and cracking.

Being a tight git, I always buy the refills and I use little round plastic Tupperware type dishes with lids from the local supermarket, 5 for £1! Some fit straight in, others need a bit of trimming or milling. Work just fine and they stack well in the cupboard!

Gareth

I got a set of small pyrex dishes. (I think it was 4 for $8.) The glass would probably be a bit bulky and heavy for travel, but it works fine for home.

It will fit in the 1 cup anchor hocking/pyrex lidded bowls. You will need to apply some pressure to get the soap seated into the bowl, but it will fit.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Get the bowl in this thread ... http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=62631&highlight=anchor

... see it in action with a puck of Tabac (same size & shape)

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I second the ramekin suggestion. I got 10 for a buck a piece at Pier 1. Now I'm slowly populating them with various soaps. :biggrin:

Get the ceramic dish. It's beautiful and you can hand it down to the next generation along with your favorite razor and brush... :biggrin1:

On a purple velvet cushion under a glass crystal cover on a Corinthian marble pedestal...seriously, I have my Kent brand in a wooden bowl and my MWF brand in a ceramic bowl. Yes, I have both, and no, I don't know why.:smile:

I store mine in something like Doc4 has, a glass bowl that I got from the kitchen. It's about 3/4 of an inch wider than the puck. It has a snap on plastic lid (used to be used for leftovers). It works fine.

John of West Coast Shaving told me that he has ordered some aluminum containers with screw-on lids, like Provence de Pre comes in. I think they'd fit an MWF puck.

Last edited:
Glass is great and all, but if you're looking for a container that has a lid and travels well, check out Mama Bear's travel container. It'll be a black lid, not a white one as pictured. MWF fits it perfectly. I mean, like it was made for that container, and it's plastic so it'll travel safely. I bought 8 of these, and all my soaps are stored in them now.

-Andy

Glass is great and all, but if you're looking for a container that has a lid and travels well, check out Mama Bear's travel container. It'll be a black lid, not a white one as pictured. MWF fits it perfectly. I mean, like it was made for that container, and it's plastic so it'll travel safely. I bought 8 of these, and all my soaps are stored in them now.

-Andy

The mama bear thing sounds perfect. thanks...:thumbup:

with a lid that I got at the Daiso (the two dollar store)

Ah the Daiso! Now there's something I REALLY miss about Vancouver... along with the damn fine sushi! Ottawa sushi is either really expensive or really crappy... and usually both. :frown:

Top Bottom