What's new

New injectors?

So, I just got a injector through a PIF, and I was doing some research on them. Found a page here that seems to say brand new ones are still available from Pfizer Warner-Lambert online. Can anyone point me towards them? My Google-fu is weak and I can't find any info.

Also, is there a guide on how they work? Like how to load the blades and all that?

My very first razor was a Schick injector, which I have had since 1974. It sat packed away in a box for 25 years or more, then I dug it out recently. I didn't have blades for it, but I found them at my local CVS pharmacy; CVS also sells them on their Web site. These are generic store brand blades; if anyone makes name-brand injector blades, I have yet to find them.

I've been alternating between the injector and a 1970s Gillette Super Speed (also using CVS store-brand blades, although I'm awaiting shipment of the West Coast Shaving sample pack -- I'm sure my life will change for the better when I get those blades). There doesn't seem to be much interest in injector shaving as compared to DE shaving, but I think the injector gives a decent shave.

Mike

I don't know anything about new injectors being available, I know I heard some company had some made in china, but the quality was really bad. I have one that I purchased back in 92' I like to rotate it with my Merkur 23c. It gives me DFS shaves.

Thank you for the link, GreatDane. It's good to know that Schick injector blades are available. The price is right, also.

Mike

I've been dismayed by the quality of shaves I've been getting out of a 1942 injector loaded with Schick branded blades. The shave is suberb, and easy to perform. The small head makes moving against the grain on my neck and getting tight under the nose a snap compared with a DE.

What causes the dismay is that even though the execution and results are fantastic, the enjoyment level isn't there. The razor is an ugly duck compared to a Gillette, and it's so light that it feels whippy and cheap compared to the heft of a DE razor. I suspect the real reason it doesn't twirl my toes is that it feels damn close to using a modern cartridge razor.:blink:

The shaves are so good it's going to stay in my rotation, and since I'm a tightwad I'll probably load up on Ted Pella blades.

I've been dismayed by the quality of shaves I've been getting out of a 1942 injector loaded with Schick branded blades. The shave is suberb, and easy to perform. The small head makes moving against the grain on my neck and getting tight under the nose a snap compared with a DE.

What causes the dismay is that even though the execution and results are fantastic, the enjoyment level isn't there. The razor is an ugly duck compared to a Gillette, and it's so light that it feels whippy and cheap compared to the heft of a DE razor. I suspect the real reason it doesn't twirl my toes is that it feels damn close to using a modern cartridge razor.:blink:

The shaves are so good it's going to stay in my rotation, and since I'm a tightwad I'll probably load up on Ted Pella blades.
I feel the same way. It does do a pretty good job. It just isn't a Slim or SS.

So, I just got a injector through a PIF, and I was doing some research on them. Found a page here that seems to say brand new ones are still available from Pfizer Warner-Lambert online. Can anyone point me towards them? My Google-fu is weak and I can't find any info.

Also, is there a guide on how they work? Like how to load the blades and all that?

Yes, unfortuately that site has not been updated for awhile. It is linking the last Schick branded injector the Type "O", which was made pretty much exclusively for the Japanese market. However, even those stopped production around 2003-2004, although they still show up on the bay from time to time.

You can also still fnd NOS ( New Old Stock) Schick Injectors on the bay as well, you just have to watch and wait for a nicely priced one, as they can sometimes reach very high prices from time to time.

Hope that helps some :)

I don't think the quality of the newer Injectors would be anywhere close to the quality of the older models, but that is just my opinion.

proxy.php

Looks like the blades were scarce during WWII, also...:wink:

Top Bottom