What's new

Looking for a pure EO Sandalwood soap

I am bring this up because of this post...

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=81510

I have lots of creams and I do not seem to have access to EJ creams so my next thing is to pick a soap that gives what this thread I linked to describes. I want a real EO sandalwood soap. QED seems to be out of stock. Does the EJ soap have the same qualities as the sandalwood cream does? If so I know where to get that soap. Any other suggestions would be nice also. Thanks

I haven't tried it but you might want to give the soaps @ Straight Razor Designs a look. They make a Sandalwood EO soap, among several others.

Please do post a review of this soap if you wind up buying it!

I haven't tried it but you might want to give the soaps @ Straight Razor Designs a look. They make a Sandalwood EO soap, among several others.

Please do post a review of this soap if you wind up buying it!

Evan, I've been meaning to post a review of Straight Razor Designs' Sandalwood EO Soap, just haven't gotten around to it yet. muy :redface:. Bottom line though: I can't tell the difference between QED's Sandalwood & SRP's, in scent or in performance. There may be a difference, but I can't tell one. I even had made wife do a blind scent test. Could not tell any difference. So if you are out of QED Sandalwood and need a replacement or you just want a very good EO sandalwood soap, I highly recommend SRP Sandalwood Shave Soap. There you go.

By the bye, I have all the SRP house brand soaps, and they are all outstanding with the exception of Ylang Ylang. Not so good.

Bottom line though: I can't tell the difference between QED's Sandalwood & SRP's, in scent or in performance. There may be a difference, but I can't tell one. I even had made wife do a blind scent test. Could not tell any difference. So if you are out of QED Sandalwood and need a replacement or you just want a very good EO sandalwood soap, I highly recommend SRP Sandalwood Shave Soap. There you go.

Wow. Those QED shoes are pretty big ones to fill. If it's as good as you say it is I might need to check it out.

Good to know there's a replacement out there for QED's Sandalwood. Thanks for the info!

Wow. Those QED shoes are pretty big ones to fill. If it's as good as you say it is I might need to check it out.

Good to know there's a replacement out there for QED's Sandalwood. Thanks for the info!

I just had my daughter test them for scent. She says that the SRP and QED smell the same to her, but she thought the QED was a wee bit stronger. The nose knows.

At 18.39 plus shipping I say ouch..... It may be worth it. Any news on the EJ soap is it like the cream?

I like anything I use to be strong... How much stronger is the QED than the SRP? Never mind just saw the wee bit...

All I can tell you is that QED Sandalwood was/is my favorite sandalwood lathering product, and I like SRP's Sandalwood just as much. In my opinion, they are close in every respect.

Sandalwood EO is very, very expensive, that's why QED is out of stock.

Last edited:
At 18.39 plus shipping I say ouch..... It may be worth it. Any news on the EJ soap is it like the cream?
It is pretty close in terms of scent. It doesn't dissipate right away, so pretty strong; stronger than the AOS sandalwood, for example. I have the Muhle sandalwood (same as the EJ) I could send you a sample if you like. Shaving Essentials carries the EJ soaps now. The creams can be easily had from TESC.

It is pretty close in terms of scent. It doesn't dissipate right away, so pretty strong; stronger than the AOS sandalwood, for example. I have the Muhle sandalwood (same as the EJ) I could send you a sample if you like. Shaving Essentials carries the EJ soaps now. The creams can be easily had from TESC.

That would be nice....I would love a sample. Anything you need? Maybe I could return the favor?? i will pm my address

Last edited:
The website says the EO products have all been discontinued.:frown: Anyone know about this?

Just got an email from him....

""""Sandalwood is out of stock at the moment ... and I am not certain I will continue to make this scent. The essential oil I use has sky-rocketed in price, plus the minimum quantity I must buy has also risen.

Charles
Q E D""""

too bad

If you're looking for EO's and don't mind mixing them into your favorite unscented product, go to emsplace.com. Also, fyi, she is terriffic to deal with and has a nice selection of shaving products.

Curses!

There goes $67 to SRD for a puck of sadalwood soap and assorted other stuff. Thanks for pointing out another site to send all my money to.

My wife is gonna kill all ya'll.

:biggrin:

Curses!

There goes $67 to SRD for a puck of sadalwood soap and assorted other stuff. Thanks for pointing out another site to send all my money to.

My wife is gonna kill all ya'll.

:biggrin:

You have to let me know what you think when yours gets there. I'll try and do the same!!

Top Bottom