What's new

Old Spice after shave good for the summer/warm weather

At the risk of being called an old man (I am 29), I enjoy Old Spice aftershave. Is it okay to wear this in the spring and summer or is it more of a cold weather smell?

thanks

Last edited:
IMHO, if you like the smell and it agrees with your skin then it really does not matter if it's winter or summer. As far as being an 'old man' scent...if you are afraid of this stick to AXE or whatever is the current craze amonst the high school set. Some scents are classic and as such transcend such labels, IMHO. Classic Old Spice is such a scent.

Another way to think of 'old' is 'sophisticated'. As a more, hmm, 'sophisticated' person, I say if you like it, go for it. Old Spice is a classic scent that works well for many. I still enjoy it as much now as I did when I was a 'young' man.

Last edited:
Yeah, wear it whenever you want. When I was learning how to shave there wasn't any of this summer/winter stuff concerning AS or colognes. You bought the stuff you liked and you used it. Every day. Unless you wanted a different scent for a special occasion.

I wear old spice all year, the generic brand AS is used weekly. It works well with my skin and my wife likes the scent and I'm only 31.

I use it all year round, although I do tend to prefer it in cooler weather, as I find it a little sweet. If push came to shove it would be my only AS. And there's nothing old man about it - i'm 26 and my fiance is 27 and she and I love the smell of it.

This old man stuff is nonsense.

Why, it seems like just the other day I was telling Pharao;

"Ramses II, you may think Old Spice is so 18th dynasty, but if Nefertari digs it, then go for it. Besides, if it was good enough for your father, Seti I, it's good enough for you."

Several wives and about 200 children later, do you think he thanked me?

Top Bottom