What's new

I hung up on Laura Bush today!

Yes, it's true I hung up on First Lady Laura Bush today. Of course it was a recorded message touting some pol. Lately, I have also heard from Bill Clinton, Tx. Governor Rick Perry, etc. It seems they always call when I am in the middle of work or when I am trying to concentrate on a task. Oh well!

Austin said:
Yes, it's true I hung up on First Lady Laura Bush today. Of course it was a recorded message touting some pol. Lately, I have also heard from Bill Clinton, Tx. Governor Rick Perry, etc. It seems they always call when I am in the middle of work or when I am trying to concentrate on a task. Oh well!

Well, looks like some of us have more important things to do than talk to low-level-functionaries. Good to put people like that in their place.

Don't you just hate those automated phone-calls. So intrusive. I tell them where to go (in very clear terms, if you know what I mean) -- we don't get recorded messages this side of the Atlantic yet....

Austin said:

Here in California, I get daily calls from the Terminator! He wants me to vote for some proposition or other. Seems very determined...

I've quit answering my land line phone. I just let it go to recorder and delete them all at once. The intrusive campaign calls start about 8am and continue until about 8 pm. I wonder if everyone is receiving these calls or only registered voters? Does anyone know?

Do any of these candidates really think that a canned message would change a voters mind? If they do, that's a clear indicator of what they think of voter mentality.

Oh, and why are these calls allowed with 'No Call' supposedly in force. I registered my home phone with the 'No Call' list of Missouri State and the Federal 'No Call' registry a long time ago.

Sue

We don't get the phone calls, but we're inundated with mail from Joe Lieberman and Ned Lamont. We get something from both of them every day it seems. One of these days I might actually read some of it since I still haven't decided who I'm voting for in that one.

peacefrog said:
We don't get the phone calls, but we're inundated with mail from Joe Lieberman and Ned Lamont. We get something from both of them every day it seems.

I haven't heard from either one of them.

Rick

I haven't had any automated calls yet, which sort of surprises me since the DeWine seat is supposed to go right down to the wire. Actually, come to think of it, the only campaign call I've had recently has been from a real person from a PAC that I've supported in the past. Can't say I'm really annoyed by any of it this year -- its been much better than the '04 race for sure.

Apparently Florida is no longer a political hot bed cause I've not heard from anyone.

>Best quote that I've heard from a politcal debate.

About accepting $ from special interest groups,
"I've taken money from lots of people."

If you contribute just once you pay the penalty of heaps of mail(I have a personally autographed photo of GWB) and frequent calls.

Lately i've tried a new tactic on live calls: "I'm sorry to tell you he died last month"

It still doesn't get me off the lists

Top Bottom