What's new

Groom and Clean

Hi, I was wondering what your guys' thoughts on Groom and Clean are. Hold, consistency, appearance, is it greasy, scent, does it wash out etc? Any help is much appreciated.

Hold: Good. Similar to a gel.

Consistency: It's like gel toothpaste. Not heavy in the hair at all.

Appearance: I've tried it wet and dry and it works fine both ways depending on how much you use. When used wet it gives a deep shine.

Non-greasy and yes, it does wash out. That's one of its selling points, actually.

Scent: Smells like those little packaged Hostess apple pies.

Hold: Good. Similar to a gel.

Consistency: It's like gel toothpaste. Not heavy in the hair at all.

Appearance: I've tried it wet and dry and it works fine both ways depending on how much you use. When used wet it gives a deep shine.

Non-greasy and yes, it does wash out. That's one of its selling points, actually.

Scent: Smells like those little packaged Hostess apple pies.

Yes, I also get a "food" smell off of Groom & Clean. I think it smells like a German gingerbread holiday cookie. Its a kind of sweet spicy smell.

I must add though, that it only smells like this when you first squeeze it out of the tube and apply. After it is fully distributed through your hair it changes.

Gotta love the groom and clean.

My Mom slathered it on like crazy when I was a kid.

Stray hairs? Hardly.

Gotta love the groom and clean.

My Mom slathered it on like crazy when I was a kid.

Stray hairs? Hardly.

Yeah groom and clean was a daily ritual my dad put me thru in grade school (70's). When he was finished with me there was not a dry hair to be found on my head, my hair would stay sharply parted and slick all day. I could have been a poster child for the 1950's Cub Scouts!! Definitely no stray hairs.

Top Bottom