What's new

canadian newbie

hello gentlemen
and thank you all for making B&B a great site !

I should tell my wet shaving intro story :
I have a the worse combination for shaving : coarse beard with VERY sensitive skin.electrics give me rashes and M3 cut me.
one day visiting my parents house, i see there is a straight blade close the medecine cabinet, i ask my father and he tells me it was a gift and he never used it , and if I wanted i could have it.
I take it home and look at it , looked sharp i read the brand and i say to myself this must be for kids since it has rubber duckys on it !
Well after reading more about it on this website , it looks like that i am the new owner of never used dubl duck gold edge.
I send the blade to get honed and while waiting , i go to get me a shavette , proraso and boar bush
i watch some of the youtube video and started lathering and shaving.
sooooo smooth and to my surprise, after 25 years, the first shave with no razor bumps or rashes !!
i was a newly convert ....

now after a month , i am the proud new owner of 2 DE , 3 straights ,countless soaps and creams, and others shaving products,
And every week i keep looking at B&B and Dbay, thinking i really need this and that ...

The questions is : how many is too many ?
or is there something as " too many "?:biggrin:

Last edited:
RAD--Razor Addiction
BAD--BrushAddition

Nothing is too much when you have an "addiction" :tongue_sm

"My Wife n My Wallet dont always agree"

i have :
- the merkur 38 C , nice shaver.
- weishi , this thing is so mild that i can not even feel the edge even with a feather blade
- dovo ,dubl duck and shavette
- soaps i tried C&E nomad , eshave , proraso,they are good but i havent found any that i would call my everyday soap
- and still using the boar brush for now,

Welcome to B&B.
There is no such thing as too much. This is a great and harmless hobby, so just enjoy it. Part of the fun is trying all that is out there.

Happy shaving!

hey hoser! I'm glad to hear you are in Montreal. any canadian newbie thread makes me worry that its someone else that will go to "my" antique stores! thankfully you are too far away!

now go get yourself a silvertip brush ...

not4you
I visit toronto a few times a year but I will try not to visit antique store too much, :wink:

Top Bottom