What's new

does shaving creame have expiration date ?

I read somewhere that soaps last forever and a day .
what about creams (I refer to open tubes AND to closed tubes) ?

I just bought new tube of D.R.Harris shaving cream (the 150 gr lavender) . from trying a sample , I saw that all it needs is just a "pea" size of that cream to get the job done (I even throw half) . for me anyway , because I don't have much beard .

I like VERY much Geo.F.Trumpers rose cream too and I have a few more dollars , so I thought about buying a small tube of that cream too .
if it will last... !
?

Last edited:
Most creams have a "use within opening" date - it should be on there somewhere. It's normally 12M, which means 12 months, basically. Some are 18M. That said, i've had a tube of Palmolive for nearly two years and it's still fine.

Remember to put the cap back on after and try not to leave it in a place that's very warm or very cold and they should last a long time.

that short ???
I thought it last at least couple of years (when it open) .
+
D.R.Harris cream (the lavender) look very quality and comparing to other creams she's the hardest, concentrated and oily from the rest (and I used alot) . so it gives you the feeling that it is a "cream for a lifetime" :frown:

that short ???
I thought it last at least couple of years (when it open) .
+
D.R.Harris cream (the lavender) look very quality and comparing to other creams she's the hardest, concentrated and oily from the rest (and I used alot) . so it gives you the feeling that it is a "cream for a lifetime" :frown:

"Best before" doesn't mean "bad after", that's just the timeframe in which it's expected to perform at a consistently high level.

It's kind of like spices, you can store the whole ones for up to a year and the powdered ones for up to six months but they're not going to give you food poisoning or taste like crap after that, the quality just starts to drop off.

I just rolled over a Godrej Menthol Mist cream tube and it says "Best Use Before 25 months from Pkd"...

Top Bottom