What's new

Hot country holiday

Hi Gents

I will shortly be visiting Vietnam and told the temperature is likely to be in the 90's. I need a cologne or aftershave, preferrably one that also comes with a deodrant or anti perspirant that will smell nice for a long time. I currently use Eternity but am looking for something that smells good and lasts.

Regards
London

Do you mean you're looking for a range that has both a cologne and an antiperspirant/deodorant? If I were you, I'd look for a reasonably neutral antiperspirant and a nice cologne. That way the scents won't clash. Extra Strength Right Guard, baby.

I'll leave it to my more knowledgeable brethren here to recommend a good cologne, but I'm skeptical that you can find something that is both appropriate to tropical weather and lasting. But why bother? You can get a small atomizer and decant some of your regular spray to use later in the day. Since atomizers run the gamut from large to small, you can suit it to how you're dressed and what you're wearing. If you're carrying a bag, you can stick a 1/2 oz. or 1 oz. atomizer in it and use it as you need it. If you're not, something like a 3 ml. with atomizer cap would do you fine--you could refill it at night with an eyedropper. I myself usually just go with what I can put on in the morning, although I have been known to take advantage of the samples at a nice department store in order to smell better for evening.

If you're on a vacation and you'll be outside a lot, it's going to be hard to beat the heat. And maybe you don't want to--after all, you perspire to stay cool. You might want to think about throwing a can of body powder and even something like Dr. Scholl's foot spray in your luggage. They'll help keep you dry and reduce some of the odors that compete with your cologne.

Finally, you might want to think about a fragrance you can buy at Duty Free. Use the heck out of it on your trip and junk it.

Last edited:
Don't mean to be rude, but do you really need a cologne when it's 90 and humid trekking through the jungle (well assuming that's what you'll be doing anyway!) Deodorant certainly, but you may find even a light cologne can become cloying when you're in hot, humid, dead air. If you are determined however, definitely go with something light! T&H 1805 might be a good choice. Citrus or marine scents might be your best bet. Good luck! :smile:

Agreed. If you're trekking, forget it. Bugs will eat you alive. I was thinking if you're going out to markets, back to the hotel, etc., you might want to. Personally, I think it would be too much bother. And I'd be more concerned about sunscreen and bug spray.

Thanks for the advice guys, I took a stroll along Piccadilli and ended up in Penhaligans, came out £130 lighter and bought a range of products called Quercus. It smells great, very distinguished.

Regards
London

Ps I will be in the city, not the jungle, but it will still be very hot.

Top Bottom