What's new

Lost in Poland

I don't know if any of you have ordered any items from ebay from a foreign source. I recently purchased and paid for through Pay Pal a silvertip Omega brush from a vendor located in Poland. I paid for the brush on March 18 and was told that it was dispatched on March 19. The seller advised that shipping would take 7 work days. As of yesterday April 1 I did not receive the brush. I wouldn't be too anxious except for the fact that when given the tracking information and inputting it into the USPS Site I was advised that the item was being prepared for dispatch from Poland as of 20 March and no further info was provided. Should I be concerned and has anyone else done business with a Poland based company, if so how long does shipping take?

Thanks to all who reply.:confused:

If you're talking about open_razor/classic_razor, he's very reliable and I wouldn't worry. It looks like UPS has the package so it's not the vendor's fault anyway.

Yep. He's the seller and I was way impressed by his positive feedback and great products. I was a bit leary since he is SOOO far away but I'm sure my package will come soon. I've been anxious to start using the badger brush as I have been using my Merkur Barberpole razor with shaving gel until now. I know...ugh!!!!

Thanks again

I've ordered from Open_razor before and wouldn't hesitate to do so again... International shipping just takes time and USPS tracking is notoriously unreliable.

I've ordered from Open_razor before and wouldn't hesitate to do so again... International shipping just takes time and USPS tracking is notoriously unreliable.

i recently learned this about USPS shipping: if you want your shipment tracked throughout its journey, the cost is higher. It seems most packages are tracked when they enter the system and then when they are finally delivered.

I ordered from open_razor as well, it took exactly 2 weeks from when he sent an email saying he'd sent it to when it was delivered. If you are worried, why don't you send an email asking for confirmation it was sent out, and when you should consider the shipment lost?

If I recall, I think he sends stuff that always requires a signature so he'll know you didn't receive the package.

Edit: I'm on the east coast of the USA to give you a idea of time.

First of all thanks to all of you who wrote regarding my posting. I received the brush yesterday and it was all that I had hoped for. Firstly Open Razor despite being located in Poland was very communicative and helpful. The brush was incredibly well packaged and is of excellent quality. I would definitely order from him again in the future.

I now can finally say that I look forward to shaving again. I kind of have a league of nations for my shaving products as I bought a Merkur Barber Pole razor from Germany. It is very well crafted and balanced as well as looking great on the medicine cabinet shelf. The brush is an Omega Silvertip Badger, I believe it is number 617 and has an attractive black resin handle and came with a gold plated stand. I started off using the Merkur Blades as the razor came with a 10 pack of them but have since purchased the Israeli Personnas as recommended by some of the B and B members.

As far as posting in the Method Shaving area being a new member I thought my posting might lead to method shaving however if there is a better area to discuss such issues please let me know. I'm new here and open to suggestions. Thanks for your advise.

Top Bottom