What's new

Yukon Jack: The Black Sheep of Canadian Liqueur

title says it all.

Back when I was in high school I worked in a Golf Pro Shop. At the end of the night we'd lock up and Pro/manager would balance the books and registers for the day. I would mop up, clean clubs, vacuum etc...

As soon as we locked the door, the pro would say the voice was calling him from the back. The "voice" was his bottle of yukon jack that he kept in a fridge in the break room.

So I would always bring him up his yukon jack and would sip away for hours while doing the numbers.

I was only 16, so I never even sneaked a sip of it. Is it good? Bad? Smooth? How much bite?

What are your opinions on the black sheep?

Yukon Liqueur is very sweet. It has the flavor of Canadian whisky, but with a ton of sugar added. It's nice over rocks as a digestif after a meal. Because of it's sweetness, I can't do much more than a tumbler, but I bet it'd be great to have on board during a nasty, wet, cold day of fishing.

Last edited:
i used to drink a ton of this in HS. its a very unique taste. its got a sweet bite in a bad way. decently smooth when really cold though. overall, i do not recommend.

My goodness. Yukon Jack. I haven't thought about it forever.
It's kind of Southern Comfort for people who are afraid of anything with the word "Southern" in it. Too sweet, kind of a frat party thing. Liked it when I was a kid, and it doesn't even sound remotely palatable now.

hmmm I liked Southern Comfort for about 3 days.... drank over a fifth per day and the hangovers were horrible.

That being said, I think I'll still pick up a bottle of Yukon jack and check it out.

The second worst hangover of my life was due to this devil elixir.......of course, drinking the entire bottle might have had something to do with that:001_huh:

It was twenty years ago and my head still hurts:eek:

Last edited:
I had a very bad experience with it once, and I don't think I could stomach it again. Something about alcohol with high sugar levels really give me terrible hangovers. I have even started drinking things either neat, or on the rocks to avoid mixing with pop.

Anyways, yes, Yukon Jack is sickeningly sweet.

Ah yeah, I remember that stuff. It wasn't so much the taste that bothered me...rather it was the unspoken 'no shirt and no pants' rule that seemed to be attached to it. :wink:

proxy.php

proxy.php

so I bought some yesterday... it has an interesting flavor... its ok. I don't think I'll buy it again.

This stuff caused me to catch a live duck in my UMASS Amherst sweatshirt. Good stuff. I have a bottle in the cupboard over the fridge right now. A little lime juice and it is great.

My Dad and I used to drink Southern Comfort. Then, one time my Uncle was visiting home from Brooklyn and explained to us that SC had dropped to 80 Proof some time ago and He didn't drink it anymore. We were informed that Yukon Jack was nearly the same thing and was still 10 Proof. I don't frink it regularly, but I haven't had a bottle of Southern Comfort grace my cabinet since.

Top Bottom