What's new

Swirl the fat sheep in your face

Gents!
A couple of weeks ago, I started using Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap as an experiment. Then this Wool Fat Soap Week came and I was in from the very beginning.
Now I've come to a sort of conclusion with this soap. I like it very much!
The longer version is that I heard that this soap should be a bit difficult to make lather of, especially if you have hard water with a lot of calcium in it. I don't think so. My water is pretty hard and maybe you have to work a little harder (very little) in order to pick up the soap from the puck. But no problem at all.
And what can you expect from this soap? A very fine and soothering lather which protects the skin very well during the shave which is nice and uncomplicated and feels more secure.
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap smells like a soap. It's not scented at all in the way you may be used to with shaving soaps and creams. But I like that neutral smell.
Should I find a negative side it seems that this soap has a fine line you should not cross when it comes to how much water you can apply before the lather gets too thin. Yes, all soaps and creams have such a water limit but I think Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap has a sort of finer threshold than other soaps. Suddenly, it seems, the lather becomes too thin. But you avoid this by being a little more carefull and just add water a little at a time.
And after the shave? Your skin is soft, moist and smooth as if you had given your little baby a delightful bath with oil in the water. Recommended :thumbup1:
Regards
cop

I have this on order from WestCoastShaving and can't wait to try it. It was only $48 including the ceramic bowl, which seems a lot cheaper that many people have paid. I had been wavering between this and Tabac but since many don't like Tabac's scent I decided MWF would be the better pick. Sounds like one heck of a soap...

I love my MWF too and for my dry skin it is a great moisturizing soap. the only other I have tried that has a better moisturizing effect than MWF is some original vintage Old Spice soap.

I use the Kent branded version of this..

proxy.php

WONDERFUL soap!! It and Tabac are tied as may faves..

I luckily scored a puck over on the B/S/T forum. Very much looking forward to a "luxury" soap experience.

markb, did the Kent version come from a local vendor or overseas?

It is one of three in my rotation. I love the stuff. Seems it (and Cella) are stealing a little of Tabac's time!

I suspect this will go in phases since each is so different from the other.

ordered some of this off the B/S/T and it was shipped to me can't wait to get it in. any Tabac users have any comparisons between the two? as Tabac is my current soap.

I definitely like its performance. As for the scent? What scent?

I'm currently thinking about milling a puck of it with Speick just to get some kind of olfactory sensation when i shave with it. :rolleyes:

I'm currently thinking about milling a puck of it with Speick just to get some kind of olfactory sensation when i shave with it. :rolleyes:
Sorry should have been more precise. I was referring to the williams scent.

I've got a half gone puck of MWF that I'e been thinking of milling with a half puck of Williams. I even have an empty Pre de Provence tin for the experiment so that, if I like it, I can travel with it.

I have this on order from WestCoastShaving and can't wait to try it. It was only $48 including the ceramic bowl, which seems a lot cheaper that many people have paid. I had been wavering between this and Tabac but since many don't like Tabac's scent I decided MWF would be the better pick. Sounds like one heck of a soap...

I think you made the right choice. I don't care for the Tabac smell. :9898:

Top Bottom