What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions - April 09

proxy.php

A nice box of 10 Oliva Serie O Double Toro Maduro Broadleaf. :thumbup1:

I'm lucky enough to live close to all 3 Ardbeg designated "outposts" retailers in CA (strangely enough, they're all in the SF bay area) that was able to carry this committee bottling.

Unfortunately, I have a horrible head-cold right now. I popped open up bottle of Laphroaig just to test my nose, and I literally smelled nothing. I think I'm going have to wait until this cold completely clears up before I crack this beauty open.

So for now...it's just sitting there taunting me.

If anyone else is interested in one, you may want to check to see if a US "outpost" retailer still has any bottles left. I know the one I went to only had 6 bottles total.

http://www.mhusa.com/ardbeg/

--Dennis

You need to move to California.

I'm not sure how Cali would work out for me, but I'm probably less than a year out from finishing up here, and I'd be lying if I said the availability of high-end whiskys not subject to the kind of state controls we have here in Ohio isn't a serious consideration for where my next career move takes me. :cool:

I'm not sure how Cali would work out for me, but I'm probably less than a year out from finishing up here, and I'd be lying if I said the availability of high-end whiskys not subject to the kind of state controls we have here in Ohio isn't a serious consideration for where my next career move takes me. :cool:

Come out and visit. I'll take you to High Time Wines. You'll immediately search out the closest available apartment/house for rent/sale.

Last edited:
This:

proxy.php

I've been without a block for my good knives for a long time. This one, you can just stick them in anywhere and it holds them in place. Seriously cool stuff.

NANP™

This:

proxy.php

I've been without a block for my good knives for a long time. This one, you can just stick them in anywhere and it holds them in place. Seriously cool stuff.

NANP™

Is that the one with the rubber rods? I have one of those and it is great. It's threatening to give me cause to take the magnet strips down.:w00t:

Yep, that's it. Hard plastic, actually, I think. I saw one at Bloodbath & Beyond and when I went back for it, it was gone. Had to go looking online.

NANP™

I just picked up a fountain pen.

I have only ever had one previous, a Pilot disposable(before the varsity)

This one is not much better, but is refillable.

A Platinum Preppy pen from Japan. It only cost me $5, and writes very well considering.

I am a lefty, so I want to test the waters before I get anything substantial.
The one on the top.
proxy.php

Asus EeePC 900, linux version, black.

View attachment 49086

(CD included for size comparison -- no optical drive onboard)

Bought it off Woot a couple weeks ago (seems like), and although its a refurb it feels brand new and had everything packed all retail-style in the box. Actually got it yesterday -- have been trying different Ubuntu-based distros and finally settled on vanilla Hardy with some of the easy-peasy packages. I'm lovin' it -- crazy how small this lil' sucker is. Gonna be a fun little toy. :biggrin:

Top Bottom