What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions - April 09

They do look very similar. Where did you get the set? How much?

I actually got the set at a Bevmo during the 07 Holidays. They had a set with the 10 year old offering but the manager allowed me to swap it with a Quinta Ruban bottle (The Port Wood ). Bottom line, the glasses were free because they charged me for the bottle. That was the only set I saw like that around, everyone else had sets with a rounded old fashioned type of tumbler.

Ardbeg sells a similiar glass here. The MJ glass might have a bit more Tulip shape on the lip like the Reidel SM Glass.

proxy.php

Bob, if these are the kind of glasses you are talking about they will have a very different taste than the MJ glasses because of the flare at the rim, but regardless this type is a great glass, especially a great nosing glass.

Got my Tasman Salt back from STR today.

He is a member at many of the knife forums and is licensed by Emerson to add the wave feature.

I'm so happy with this knife the way it is now. It's great for both self defense and utility.

View attachment 46055

Got a response! Nothing to say yet, but at least I have a live person helping me.

Also, finally picked up my bottle of Van Winkle 12yr Lot B and the Sazerac 6yr.

Nothing for me ...yet. :huh:

I think you will really like the Sazerac. :thumbup:

Haven't tried the Van Winkle.

Nothing for me ...yet. :huh:

I think you will really like the Sazerac. :thumbup:

Haven't tried the Van Winkle.

Well, I don't have any purchasing info yet, but the lead is live.

I'll be having my first Sazerac/Punt E Mes Manhattan tonight. The Russell's Reserve bottle is dry.

Come on over and I'll pour you some Van Winkle. I have 4 Glencairn glasses.

Got my Tasman Salt back from STR today.

STR Rocks. I once had a Camillus Cuda Maxx pimped by him.

Today I got myself a nice Black Bush...

The Whiskey made by Bushmills, what were you thinking about?

Also a 5 pack of Montecristo #3, already in the humidor.

Hootch this month:

Laphroiag 15
Willet Pot Still Reserve Straight Kentucky Bourbon (single barrel)
Woodford Reserve Master's Collection Sonoma-Cutrer Finish
BTAC William Larue Weller Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (uncut/unfiltered, 125.3 proof)

. . . and of course the usual Woodford Reserve and JWB. :biggrin:

Cigars:

Bolivar Belicoso Finos, box split (CC)
Jose L. Piedra Brevas, 5X5 pack (CC)
Esencia Corona Gorda, box
San Cristobal Fabuloso, box
Illusione ECCJ, 2 boxes

I've been a wee bit self-indulgent with my tax refund . . . first time homebuyer's tax credit roxor!

NANP™

I just got another pair of Birkentstocks. Third pair in about 12 years. I love these things.

And yes, I'm drinking some Starbucks right now. Stereotypical of a Bleeding Heart Liberal (tm)??? NOT! I'm conservative, but dammit if these Birkies aren't the most comfy pairs of footwear, next to my Justin Lizardskin boots. :biggrin:

Top Bottom