What's new

What is the best sipping bourbon?

Order of preference for the price range stated for me (and I'm guessing based on conversion back from Australia) would be Knob Creek, Makers Mark, Jim Beam Small Batch.

The main difference between bourbon and Tennessee Whisky is the extra process used in whiskey production. It's filtered through charcoal before places in wooden casks. The other difference being location. Bourbon has to be produced in Bourbon county Kentucky.

The main difference between bourbon and Tennessee Whisky is the extra process used in whiskey production. It's filtered through charcoal before places in wooden casks. The other difference being location. Bourbon has to be produced in Bourbon county Kentucky.

Probably 90% of Bourbon is made in Kentucky, but it can be made anywhere in the US. Virginia Gentleman is one example of a non-Kentucky bourbon.

Here's an interesting story of some guys visiting the distillery.

Roger

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Bookers yet. A buddy of mine is a Bourbon drinker & Bookers is his favourite. 1789, Woodford & Pappy Van Winkel are runner's up for him.

Top Bottom