What's new

Brass blade case

My most recent eBay purchases was a small Gillette brass blade case. It has the Gillette diamond logo on the top of the lid, it's scratched, tarnished and has what looks like a dent from a bullet in it!! It even had some rusty old Tuxedo, Gillette Blue and Probak blades in it. For the $6.50 I paid, I thought it was a neat little score. I am 99% sure it is a blade case from the military issue "Khaki" sets used in both World Wars.

So my questions to the B&B historians:
Which sets came with such a blade case? I have two WWII Canadian Khaki sets and both have the small cardboard blade refills (one has the Gillette Camo cardboard box). Most WWII sets I have seen have the cardboard refills, but the WWI sets I've seen have the brass case. So were the brass cases only issued in WWI? Only American sets?

Any insight would quench my thirst for more knowledge about these interesting cases and Khaki sets.

Thanks B&B.

My most recent eBay purchases was a small Gillette brass blade case. It has the Gillette diamond logo on the top of the lid, it's scratched, tarnished and has what looks like a dent from a bullet in it!! It even had some rusty old Tuxedo, Gillette Blue and Probak blades in it. For the $6.50 I paid, I thought it was a neat little score. I am 99% sure it is a blade case from the military issue "Khaki" sets used in both World Wars.

So my questions to the B&B historians:
Which sets came with such a blade case? I have two WWII Canadian Khaki sets and both have the small cardboard blade refills (one has the Gillette Camo cardboard box). Most WWII sets I have seen have the cardboard refills, but the WWI sets I've seen have the brass case. So were the brass cases only issued in WWI? Only American sets?

Any insight would quench my thirst for more knowledge about these interesting cases and Khaki sets.

Thanks B&B.

my khaki set has a silver blade holder in good condition. you could be right or it could just be beat to hell :001_smile

I took some pics tonight ... any further insight is appreciated.

proxy.php

proxy.php

There were quite a few sets that came with that blade case, but I can't think of any military sets with one.
You can see many of the sets on mr-razor's site.

great info, thanks for posting. there were a few WW1 Khakis on eBay that had a similar case but now I see they were used in many sets.

Cheers.

Top Bottom