What's new

Day six, Double Edging

I planned to do two passes today. First pass straight downwards and second pass south to north.

I think my first pass was a real pleasure. I have found the angle and it feels more and more natural. Probably there are lots of improvent ahead, but I really enjoyed what I accomplished today.

Second pass and I was back in the awkward newbie feeling of uncertainty and anxciety. I didn't feel comfortable and struggled to maintain the right angle. The result wasn't great either. Just like yesterday, I was really smooth in some aras and had almost caught nothing in others. I had to relather and finish up to feel happy with my face.

Thinking of it a few hours later, I believe I have to slow down even more with the upward pass. I tend to start out great but fail to keep the angle consistant all around the face. Maybe I have to realize that the upward pass is a new movement pattern i have to learn just as focused and slow as I did with the downward strokes a few days ago?

Well, well. I'll go for a better one tomorrow.

Peace

Sounds like you have the theory down, now just to apply it.

Slow and steady, slow and steady...

Enjoy the shave!

Steady is more important than slow, I've found... deliberate is more like it. If I pause during an ATG stroke, it spells trouble. Confidence plays a pretty big role.

Don't be too timid. Just jump in and go for it with light deliberate strokes of the razor. Light pressure does not mean 'no pressure'. Too light of pressure and your razor will be bouncing up and down on your face. Try XTG in opposite directions to start. Keep us posted.

Don't be too timid. Just jump in and go for it with light deliberate strokes of the razor. Light pressure does not mean 'no pressure'. Too light of pressure and your razor will be bouncing up and down on your face. Try XTG in opposite directions to start. Keep us posted.

I agree, you may need to reduce more to achieve that ATG, which I assume the S-N is mostly. I need several passes, (I use a mild setting on my slim), before attempting an ATG which I do at a slightly higher setting. And for me, I have yet to go above a 1 and only WTG - slightly XTG on the neck.

Top Bottom