What's new

Help ID canned shave cream

My barber uses a can of shave foam and a straight to finish the back of my neck and side burns when I get my hair cut. I have seen the can but do not know the brand. Hopefully someone will recognise it from a description:

It is in a green, black & white can. It comes out as a thick foam like the Gillette Foamy or Barbersol. The pattern on the can is quite busy and looks like buildings or a street scene of some kind. I can't for the life of my think of the name or picture it in my mind, but something tells me it is French something ...

Does this ring any bells with anyone??? My ADD and OCD are driving me crazy on this one!!

Thanks B&B.

Pinaud Clubman? They have discontinued their aerosol cream but it was in a mostly green can with some black and red and it was a barber shop staple.

Hmmm. You've got me stumped. I'm less inclined to think it was Pinaud, but possibly Stephan's long since discontinued Barber Shop Shave Cream.

Other shave creams off the top of my head that had a similar color scheme would be Hask, Marvy, Dr. Hunter, and maybe Gabels.

Why not give him a call and ask him? Hell, I'm kind of curious myself!

nope, not aquatonic of clubman, and the other names above don't ring a bell. He has just recently retired, last time I went in there were three young guys that had taken over. Not sure I can reach him now.

Top Bottom