What's new

British Sterling

As of yesterday, my Big Lots still has the little half once bottles for 1.00.

I still say British Sterling is just a poor man's Floris no. 89.

I dunno. I guess if you don't have any Floris or have never tried it, it's a good thing. But if you have two bottles sitting there, then British Sterling is a poor substitute for the real thing. :biggrin:

My dad has been using British Sterling for decades and other than the occasional bottle of Old Spice, he uses nothing else.

Borrowed to use it on occasion when visiting now (never did when I still lived with my folks), goes on super warm and the scent is great IMHO, too bad about the initials though.

My Dad was also a British Sterling freak. Most of his other stuff I'd break into but British Sterling just kinda struck me a too limey. By that I mean fruity like a lime not Limey like a Brit.:biggrin: To be honest though, I've been thinking of trying this out again, back then of course Jovan Musk was rumored to make the young lovelies toss their undergarments at you on sight so I may have been unduly influenced by clever marketing. What a bunch of liars those guys turned out to be.

Last edited:
Wow, it must be a dad thing. My father wore it too--in fact, I don't remember him ever using anything else. My older brother would occasionally buy something nice for dad, and he'd gratefully accept it and stick it in his cupboard along with every other gift bottle that he'd ever received. But he'd always reach for the British Sterling after he shaved. I never wore it myself, but I picked up a tester the other day when I was poking around at JR Cigars. Quite a rush of memories when I smelled it.

My Dad was also a British Sterling freak. Most of his other stuff I'd break into but British Sterling just kinda struck me a too limey. By that I mean fruity like a lime not Limey like a Brit.:biggrin: To be honest though, I've been thinking of trying this out again, back then of course Jovan Musk was rumored to make the young lovelies toss their undergarments at you on sight so I may have been unduly influenced by clever marketing. What a bunch of liars those guys turned out to be.

We got the same shpeel about Davidoff Cool Water. That stuff's kinda crap too. Some of my friends, judging from their scent in school, would tell you, "You're not using enough, man. Just soak a shirt in it.":lol:

Top Bottom