What's new

How does Mama Bears EO Lime compare to other lime soaps?

I have read in the posts that Mama Bear has kicked up the amount of EO lime oil in her Lime soap. Can anyone offer a comparison of her newer more intense version to some of the other line soaps out there?

I don't know about her new stuff but the one I had didn't even come close to being as good as the one I had from QED.

I have her lime mint and it is pretty good. My favorite is the TGQ Margarita shave soap. Awesome lime and citrus.

Brad

I'm also curious about this. I'm wondering what the scent is exactly. Lime EO added to stuff by itself, ASB for example, smells exactly like freshly squeezed limes. I actually wouldn't want this scent for a shave soap, personally, so I've stayed away from her lime soap, but if it's more like Trumper's lime, or another modified sweet smelling lime, I'd be all over it.

I'm also curious about this. I'm wondering what the scent is exactly. Lime EO added to stuff by itself, ASB for example, smells exactly like freshly squeezed limes. I actually wouldn't want this scent for a shave soap, personally, so I've stayed away from her lime soap, but if it's more like Trumper's lime, or another modified sweet smelling lime, I'd be all over it.

Trumpers is NOT a very limey lime. Mama Bear is not quite up to QED just yet, but the lime is a very pure lime. It does not have the additional complexity of Trumpers, which to me is perfect. I love Trumpers limes, but I prefer a pure lime. So far the only place to get that is QED (soap), Castle Forbes (cream), Mama Bear (soap) and now Wesley and Scott (cream). All these are pure lime - no other scents, and quite strong. CF and W&S are both strongly scented creams, to my nose nearly equal. QED is the stronger of the two soaps.

It used to be Mamas soap required you to get your nose in there, and the scent was gone when you lathered. Not anymore.

Trumpers is NOT a very limey lime. Mama Bear is not quite up to QED just yet, but the lime is a very pure lime. It does not have the additional complexity of Trumpers, which to me is perfect. I love Trumpers limes, but I prefer a pure lime. So far the only place to get that is QED (soap), Castle Forbes (cream), Mama Bear (soap) and now Wesley and Scott (cream). All these are pure lime - no other scents, and quite strong. CF and W&S are both strongly scented creams, to my nose nearly equal. QED is the stronger of the two soaps.

It used to be Mamas soap required you to get your nose in there, and the scent was gone when you lathered. Not anymore.
Agreed, Trumper's is sort of limey, but to me, smells exactly like fruity pebbles.

Do the pure lime scents you describe, like QED, CF, W&S, etc, smell just like lime EO? (Just like freshly squeezed limes)? Or is there a hint of something else in there. I do like the scent of freshly squeezed limes, but it's almost too strong and pure, I prefer it to be sweetened out a bit, or blended slightly with something else.

Agreed, Trumper's is sort of limey, but to me, smells exactly like fruity pebbles.

Do the pure lime scents you describe, like QED, CF, W&S, etc, smell just like lime EO? (Just like freshly squeezed limes)? Or is there a hint of something else in there. I do like the scent of freshly squeezed limes, but it's almost too strong and pure, I prefer it to be sweetened out a bit, or blended slightly with something else.

I don't smell anything else. In fact, all the products I mention smell about the same. The main difference is strength.

Since MikeLip & others have tried several of the brands of lime soap, would you guys be willing to rate the intensity of the lime fragrance along with your personal preference. I know fragrance isn't everything that makes a soap good or not so good, but the fragrance quality is an important aspect. Thanks

Since MikeLip & others have tried several of the brands of lime soap, would you guys be willing to rate the intensity of the lime fragrance along with your personal preference. I know fragrance isn't everything that makes a soap good or not so good, but the fragrance quality is an important aspect. Thanks

Sure;

QED
CF
W&S
Mama Bear

In that order!

Sure;

QED
CF
W&S
Mama Bear

In that order!
So if we want a limey shave soap, it's mama bear or bust it seems. QED is out of stock and CF and W&S are creams. I see cleancut mentioned Trumpers, and while I think that's a great soap, I wouldn't put it in the fresh lime "limey lime" category myself.

You know, I may just have to try the mama bear lime on my next order... all this lime shave soap talk is making my mouth water for some tasty lime soap.

I don't know. Haven't used it.

All of their soaps are eo-based. I've started a thread today in the soaps forum looking for first-hand information.
I'd be curious to hear about it too. Especially vs mama bear. I've personally had great luck with mama bear soaps. They are among my favorites.

Mama Bear is an excellent maker. I have not tried her lime, but QED's bathtub gin I would recommend to any limeaholic. I'm surprised his lime is on hold for now.

I have the Ma Bear's Lime EO, and I think it's great. Smells just like limes. I actually bought it after a puck of Trumper's Limes arrived in the mail. Sold it that day on the B/S/T. Not at all what I was expecting when I read "Limes". Now Trumper's Rose... a definite favorite.

-Andy

Top Bottom