What's new

Aqua Velva After Shave Skin Conditioner

Picked this up at an old school drug store today. Anyone ever use it?

proxy.php

proxy.php

They also had a bunch of NOS vibrating razors from Remington that took Trac II cartridges and 5 or 6 NOS Gillette Orbitor 4000 razors. Very strange.

I have heard tell of these, but never seen one. If so, probably worth snatching up. Heck, depending on what they are asking for I may ask you to snatch one up for me;-)

The gel wasn't bad for what it was. You can still get it over at TSD, IIRC.

I wish my camera wasn't dead. I'd like you guys to see some other weird Aqua Velva experiments- the "other" dark blue Ice Sport in the glass bottle, Aqua Velva deodorant sticks, and Aqua Velva disposable twin blade razors. All of this stuff including the Ice Blue balm and the Skin Conditioner gel came out around '96 or so, when Williams was trying to break into the "youth market" game that Old Spice finally won.

One thing maybe somebody out there could help me out on- when Ice Sport (shown here):

proxy.php

was originally launched back in mid '96, there was another style of Aqua Velva that came in the same exact style of bottle, except it was dark blue. It too was "Ice" something another, but it didn't (as I recall) smell as nice as the Ice Sport. It was closer to the original formula, but not that close. I bought a bottle of each one of the "new" AV's and kept the Ice Sport, and gave the other one to my brother. He doesn't remember what it was called, nor do I, and it didn't last long at all on the shelves- within a couple of months it seems it had been discontinued.

If anyone could tell me what that style of AV is, I'd appreciate it. I've never seen one turn up at auction or anywhere else, and I know I'm not imaging things as my brother clearly remembers it, but can't recall the name on the label. It's been 13 years since I've seen a bottle. Williams is about as useless as a whistle on a plow when it comes to recalling their own line up of years passed.

EDIT: I'm thinking it could have been "Original Sport" and the light blue would have been the "Ice Sport" version. I'd just like to get some back-up feedback here.

Top Bottom