What's new

TGQ and Allergies...

After reading some rave reviews, I decided to make my first investment in shaving soap TGQ's Lemon Verbena and Oak Moss. What I didn't realize was that they contain goat's milk... which is a bit of a problem considering I'm anaphylactic to dairy products.

I create this rich, beautiful lather and start applying it to my face.... halfway through my lips start tingling. Not thinking much of it, I grabbed a towel and took the lather off my lips. It wasn't until I finished that I realized that the soap had goat's milk in it... bah! It was such a nice shave though!

That said, I also realize that it was my fault for not checking. I know that a lot of bath products contain various forms of milk to help soften the skin, I just didn't connect the dots between bath soap and shaving soap. Oh well, looks like no more Oak Moss for me. :frown:

That said, my Dad is just getting into wetshaving himself. Looks like I can surprise him with a little gift!

Unfortunately, not all skin types are able to use all soaps. I find some of the glycerin soaps with too much FO/EO to much for my skin. I usually stay away from those type of soaps. Live and learn.

TGQ also has shaving creams in most of the same scents. They work quite well and smell just as good as the soaps. The ingredients list on the cream I have lists no dairy ingredients, so if you want your oak moss you can still have it in cream form. :thumbup1:

TGQ also has shaving creams in most of the same scents. They work quite well and smell just as good as the soaps. The ingredients list on the cream I have lists no dairy ingredients, so if you want your oak moss you can still have it in cream form. :thumbup1:

Now this is good news! I was going to email Colleen about the ingredients of her shaving cream... But this definitely has me feeling more optimistic! I just loved the smell of the Oak Moss. :w00t:

Yes, they have tallow. They take a little more work to lather up than some creams, but they make a very nice lather, and smell awesome.

Top Bottom