What's new

My First Resto's

Fairly new still but just restored my first 3 razors. Unfortunately i managed to break 2 scales while de-pinning :mad2: Only had a dremel so i ordered scales from classicshaving and adj pins from fastener express. Left to right frederick reynolds-original scale, hartford cutlery-micarta, and dd special #1-grey bone. Also shown is my recent antique find a milky glass bowl, perfect of soap. I sanded it up to 1500 and dremel buffed with cutting compound from a bodyshop. Turned out okay i guess, but i wish i could have gotten that perfect mirror finish. Still a little dark h2o stain on the hartford but i think it adds character. Still got a few more to resto. Open to feedback & tips....Let me know what you think ???

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I think those look great!
I can never get a mirror shine on a blade, either, and I'm with you; the odd water spot adds character. Nice job! :w00t:

Where did you get the scales, again? I picked up a HUGE St. Joanis yesterday that is going to need a pair.

I picked up the scales from classicshaving.com. My only complaint is that some came with the hole predrilled while others did not. But those adj pins are great. I had tried regular pins with absolutely no success keeping it nice and tight. They'd always bend, misalign, and make removal a pita. With these adj pins i just insert, add a little lock tight, tighten to my liking, clip the excess and dremel to a smooth. I spoke with the classicshaving rep and i guess they got a bunch of new different scales available. They supposed to update their website next month. I would like to find a black horn handle for my 7/8 w&b though.

looks like he marked the album private. I went to go look at the main album by pulling the URL out of the post and it presented me with a login page for the album.

Top Bottom