What's new

Just had my first shave with a micro....

..and i liked it.

of course coming on here and reading impressions/tips from other uses didn't hurt i'm sure

but i could see after a few strokes how it got the reputation for being a bloodthirsty monster. it does feel like it won't be very forgiving if you get a bit sloppy.

closeness wise i didn't get the same quality shave as with my slant, (i did two light wtg passes) but i would have felt like i did something wrong if the first try worked out that well. no nicks or real irritation to speak of, but the angles on the tricky parts of my face and neck will require a little experimentation.

the ideal angle for my face seems to be pretty close to what is generally specified on here. i had the head more or less flat on my face, but i did end up tilting the handle a bit toward the floor without even realizing i did it.

and the sound really is pretty unique.

Alright! Looks like we might have another fan of the Micromatic.:thumbsup: With any luck you should have no trouble getting some of the closest shaves possible. Your impression is correct that it doesn't take much slop to send a great shave downhill quick.
Isn't it fun to add another razor to your rotation?:smile:

Yeah, I'm a fan of that interesting little tool. I don't hold the head flat against my face, but I get a close shave. Good prep is a must.

It's great to see a few guys experimenting with the much maligned Micromatic lately:wink:The razor has its quirky side for sure,and it takes a little practice to feel comfortable with.:smile:,but it is imho one of the best shaver's in my rotation these days. Hasn't had a lot of love on any forums until very recently. Life is good.:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom