What's new

Athletic Fitted Shirts Anywhere?? HELP!

I need the Athletic Fitted shirts. Everything else has a wide body, which I do not :wink:

Today's Man was great for these shirts, but there is no more Today's Man and I read online that America eats too many cheesesteaks, so we no longer make/sell have Athletic Fit shirts. Tailoring only works for dress shirts that will be worn under a hacket, which I do not need. I need Oxford type button down shirts, with botton down collars.

Any ideas for retail, or online suppliers??

Hi,

Thomas pink shirts do slim fit,

and charles thrywitt do slim fits

they are a little more expensive than high street but not by much they are all I buy! They are traditional Germain st in london UK

Check out Charles Thyrwitts sales they are really good and you will get a bargain"

I am also sure there is a USA version of both

www.ctshirts.co.uk

www.thomaspink.com

hope that helps

I have similar problems as you, in that I have a difficult time finding proper fitting shirts. I'm only 5'6", but I've got a 16" collar. Needless to say it is difficult for me to find a dress shirt that doesn't look like I'm wearing a dress.

I have had great luck with Calvin Klein's athletic fit line of shirts, that are almost perfect for me. Other than that, tailoring really is the way to go. Even if you aren't wearing it under a jacket, a properly tailored shirt is well worth the money.

FYI for everyone out there.... Apparently S&K Men's ware is closing a significant number of stores, and those that are closing are having fantastic sales. Granted, the majority of the stuff there isn't all that great to begin with. BUT, I was able to buy a decent looking french cuffed shirt, a tie, and a new set of links, and had the shirt tailored elsewhere for less than $40. It isn't the nicest material, but it is hard to argue with the price for something that I'll wear on a weekly basis.

I noticed that Land's End is now selling this cut as an option on some of their shirts. I haven't ordered it yet, but I've bought their shirts many times and I find them to be very high quality.

When they tailor shirts, don't you end up with a V of stitching running down from the shoulder? I would want someone to open the stitches on each side of the shirt and remove material. that would cost some bucks, for just everyday work shirts

When they tailor shirts, don't you end up with a V of stitching running down from the shoulder? I would want someone to open the stitches on each side of the shirt and remove material. that would cost some bucks, for just everyday work shirts

If you ever have a tailor do that to you, don't ever go back... Every time that I have a shirt tailored mine will cut open the arm of the shirt and re-sew it after removing the proper amount of fabric. Same thing goes for the sides of the shirt to remove the extra girth around the middle.

CT and TM Lewin have fit me well. Their standard fitting shirts are slimmer than most of what you can find in the US. TM Lewin quality went down a notch on my last order, so I'm going back to CT next time. Both do slim fit as well. Never pay full price.

I've checked everyone you recommended, except Banana and I'll try them next.

Meantime, I left 6 shirts at the tailor. For $16 a pop they'll cut the seams, from the armpit down, and tailor "fit" properly.

If anyone has other retailer ideas, please keep sending them!

IIRC Gap and Banana Republic offer slim fit as well.

Not exactly dress shirts, but Old Navy I think has slim fit as well.

Surprisingly enough, I got a few really nice athletic/slim cut shirts at Target under their Merona line. They're very well made, look really nice, and have a nice cut to them. And they're very reasonable on price as well.

G

gone down south

Kenneth Cole makes a nice line of slim fit dress shirts, I just bought one on sale at Dillards today!

The best ready to wear slim fit I have found is Zegna. Pricey, but a great shirt.

BB as mentioned is an option.

I just found a local dress shop who has scheduled a Maid to Measure trunk show with H. Freeman and I am planning on having quite a few made. I am sick of wearing the huge shirts as well. Time to do something about it.

Top Bottom