What's new

Aftershave for sensitive skin?

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but I recently tried aftershave in place of my usual moisturizing lotion, and it hurt like hell. It caused my face to feel like it was badly sunburned for a good portion of the day.
The aftershave was a clubman bay rum.
At any rate. I'm not sure if something was wrong with my shave, or the aftershave used, or my skin type, or if I'm just being a sissy.
Any thoughts?
-BK

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but I recently tried aftershave in place of my usual moisturizing lotion, and it hurt like hell. It caused my face to feel like it was badly sunburned for a good portion of the day.
The aftershave was a clubman bay rum.
At any rate. I'm not sure if something was wrong with my shave, or the aftershave used, or my skin type, or if I'm just being a sissy.
Any thoughts?
-BK

Clubman has a high percentage of alcohol (as do many splash after shaves)... some love it, others don't. The alcohol sting, tho, is usually fleeting so, I'm guessing that you had a reaction to the fragrance portion of the Clubman or some other ingredient.

To avoid the alcohol sting, try using witch hazel instead (not all of them smell strongly) and some are quite pleasant with added scents, etc.

For an aftershave balm/lotion, try Nivea sensitive.

Top Bottom