What's new

Homemade?

I've been searching the internet for homemade a.s. balm recipies, and was surprised at how many are out there.

Anybody here make their own a.s? would you mind sharing the recipe?

3 parts witchhazel, one part aloe vera gel. I put 3 drops of essential oil of peppermint in to about a 2 mL quantity, just enough to get rid of the witchhazel scent and give a LITTLE bit of a minty note.

Dirt cheap, feels great on the skin. Scent only lasts a few minutes, which is how I like it (because I wear cologne).

Nice, thanks for the info.

You make your own cologne then too? :001_smile

I've been considering coming up with "my own scent"--other than the one I have after a hard day in the summer sun!

I use the following mix: 2 parts rose water, 1 part orange blossom water, 1 part witch hazel and glycerin. I add glycerin in small bits till I get a consistency that feels right to me.

Last night I added a bit more aloe vera gel to it; I decided I wanted it a little bit thicker.

Glycerine would also be good, although my preparation doesn't have any in it right now. All the ingredients are cheap, so you can afford to experiment a little.

I too have been interested in making some of my own. Where do you fellows usually find the ingredients? Anyone tried making bay rum? (I've heard teh actual bay tree leaves/oil is hard to find too)

I got witchhazel at Walmart and aloe gel at Walgreens. I picked up the peppermint essential oil at a vitamin store. I have seen glycerin at Walmart for something like 2 bucks.

Top Bottom