What's new

Is this a good idea?

Hi you know how you get trumpers shaving cream in a plaitic bowl well i though about using the bowl its self as a shaving bowl. Works quit well i thought because the cream is in a plastics bowl inside ie you can tip it upside down and the inner bowl comes out just a thought i metion it was a new one for me :cool:

I wouldn't recommend it. Things could be worse, but I'd just pick up a cereal bowl or oversized mug at a discount store, it will be easier to use, more effective and much, much cleaner.

Use the lid?

Target is 4000 miles away.
IKEA is run by an ex-Nazi and it takes too long to walk through to pick up a single bowl.

S.

P.S. BTW, is Target pronounced with a hard g and t (as in the obvious 'target practice') or a soft g and soft t (as in 'gillet')???

I just fiilched a small fruit bowl from the cupboard. The wife was decidedly unhappy about this. <shrug> oh, well...

-- John Gehman

doctorsimon said:
P.S. BTW, is Target pronounced with a hard g and t (as in the obvious 'target practice') or a soft g and soft t (as in 'gillet')???

Yes :001_smile

officially... "target practice"

unofficially... cause it's more fun to say... soft g, silent t

doctorsimon said:
Use the lid?

IKEA is run by an ex-Nazi and it takes too long to walk through to pick up a single bowl.

S.

Simon: Is is usually pronounced with the hard "g" and "t" sounds. Sometimes you'll hear someone say it like the latter with a soft "g" and soft "t", but usually they are being sort of sarcastic.

I don't know how it is over in London, but here you can always pick up a cheap mug or cereal bowl at the grocers as well.
(Edit: Michael types faster than I do.):biggrin:

scotish shaver said:
Hi you know how you get trumpers shaving cream in a plaitic bowl well i though about using the bowl its self as a shaving bowl. Works quit well i thought because the cream is in a plastics bowl inside ie you can tip it upside down and the inner bowl comes out just a thought i metion it was a new one for me :cool:

I've heard of people doing this afor a travel-bowl (so they don't have to pack one)... but I've never heard of anybody who uses it on a regular basis... but hey, if it works for you, then stick with it.

mlebarron said:
Yes :001_smile

officially... "target practice"

unofficially... cause it's more fun to say... soft g, silent t

Good. I wasn't sure if it was just my family taking the p**s when we are State-side. Gald to hear that you Yanks do have a sense of humour after all.

I realise that I am digging another hole for myself so I'll stop h......

BroJohn said:
I just fiilched a small fruit bowl from the cupboard. The wife was decidedly unhappy about this. <shrug> oh, well...

-- John Gehman

SWMBO just shakes her head and laughs. She is convinced that sooner or later that I will have used everything in the kitchen to build lather. I told her I was going to hang a mirror above the kitchen sink and shave there. She did not see the humor in this.:shocked:

I found that my Kent brush and Trumpers cream successfully removed some old tea stains from a mug I used.

SWMBO has since instructed me to use other tea stained mugs. lol.

doctorsimon said:
Use the lid?

IKEA is run by an ex-Nazi...

Ever Heard of the crime slander - I find this remark way over the line and hope the moderators remove this comment!! Very bad form.

Chagidiel said:
Ever Heard of the crime slander - I find this remark way over the line and hope the moderators remove this comment!! Very bad form.

I don't believe that this is slander... I believe that Mr. Kamprad (owner of Ikea) has admitted that when he was a youth he attended some Nazi meetings... I think the important thing to stress here is the Ex in "Ex-Nazi" - since Mr. Kamprad is no longer has any such affiliations and has apologized publicly (and globally) for his youthful actions.

NMMB said:
I don't believe that this is slander... I believe that Mr. Kamprad (owner of Ikea) has admitted that when he was a youth he attended some Nazi meetings... I think the important thing to stress here is the Ex in "Ex-Nazi" - since Mr. Kamprad is no longer has any such affiliations and has apologized publicly (and globally) for his youthful actions.

I still find this remark over the line and hope the author removes it - What Mr Kamprad did was being friend with someone (which may or may not have been a nazi) and followed this person to some meeting but was NEVER himself a active nazi - hence he himself was and never will be an ex-nazi.

Moderators please remove this remark if the author does not. It is untrue and slanderous.

"At first I got in touch with a pair of Nazified organizations and perhaps I even became a member, I have forgotten. However, after a couple of meetings in pure Nazi style, I quit."

Dunno - if that quote is accurate, I would say that is enough to make the original statement defensible. Whether offensive or not I will remain out of....

-Mo

Edit: Just a note. Justice Hugo Black was an ex-KKK member. At the same time, though, he was one of the greatest men to ever sit on the Supreme Court, and a true champion of civil rights and American freedoms. People make mistakes and people change.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Mty friend pronounces it "Tahr-zhay".

But, then again, he's French.:tongue:

ouch said:
Mty friend pronounces it "Tahr-zhay".

But, then again, he's French.:tongue:

Most of the people I know who pronouce it that way are making fun of the french.... :wink:

Or the store.

Or perhaps both....

I commandeered an oversized coffee mug from Siggraph '99 that nobody was using. It was just sitting in the back of the cabinet, and so far has not been missed.

Fact: Kamprad was involved with Swedish Nazis as a youth - I question the honesty of anyone who suggests they can't remember whether they joined a particular organization - anyone out there unsure of whether they were in the military or the boy scouts...didn't think so.

Fact: Kamprad's father and grandmother were supporters of Hitler.

Fact: Kamprad was a close friend of Per Engdahl, who was the openly pro-Nazi leader of the quasi-fascist Neo-Swedish movement - a movement that Kamprad was associated with for almost a decade. In fact, Kamprad invited Engdahl to his first wedding in 1950.

Draw your own conclusions as to Kamprad's leanings as a young man (I make no comment as to his current leanings).

Based on the facts, I think its defensible to say that Kamprad was an ex-Nazi - as a matter of law, truth is a complete defence to slander.

Now can we get on to more important things - like how to pronounce Target and what is or isn't an appropriate vessel in which to generate later.

Top Bottom