What's new

Embarrassed to ask this question

3fa

i'm embarrassed to ask this as i can't find this info any where..

12 carat .25 diamond spray ??
is it to lap your hone or is it some how applied to the hone so that it gives it a faster cutting property?

a newbie question but i need to know as i just bought some .. on the recommendation from Lynn but forgot to ask him how is it applied :blush:

thanks

The folks that I know who use it apply it to a linen strop. I would go straight to the horse and send Lynn a PM - he will set you straight. I think there is some general confusion amongst a lot of folks on how to use the spray and what applications.

Let us know what you find out.

3fa

damn... i was hoping not to have to do that.
i'm sure he'll explain the whole thing but man it's bad asking like that, i bought the stuff and don't know what it's for duh :a49:
good thing i'm a newb at SR shaving

Go to a leather store, get a 3" wide strip of horsehide, and mount it onto a piece of wood. Then add the 0.25 Diamond Paste.
...Although I would have recommended 0.50 Chromium Oxide over diamond paste, leaves a much smoother edge.

3fa

thanks for that , i'll look at the stropping threads instead of honing

U

Utopian

The diamond spray is not meant to have anything to do with a hone. It is way too fine use for lapping a hone. It is used as a final polish for razor honing. It is applied to leather, linen, cotton, or felt strops. Some also apply it to balsa. I have never heard of anyone apply it to a hone and it would be counterproductive to do so because the hone would invariably be a coarser grit than the diamond spray, making the grit of the diamond superfluous.

Top Bottom