What's new

Are samples of creams available?

Does anyplace sell sampler packs of shaving creams? There are a lot of creams I would like to try, but I am hesitant to spend $20-30 on a cream when I don't even know if I will like the scent, the lather, etc.

I would love to have even a small packet the size of a fast-food ketchup packet, just to get even one shave to see if I like a cream before forking out the dollars.

Anybody know if samples exist, and, if so, how I could go about getting my hands on some? Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

I purchased the $9 sampler from Truefitt and Hill. It includes several types of creams and several types of aftershaves, and shipping was free.:biggrin:

Woo-hoo!

Keep those sampler ideas coming, guys.

OK. The Gentlemems Quarter sells a sample pack. But I'd stay away from TGQ unless you want to become an addict. Their scents are, to put it mildly, amazing.

Trumper's also sells a sample pack and The Shave Den store offers a number of samples. Colonial Drug will also send you samples. If you do a search on this forum, there are some individuals selling samples of various creams. It is a fun quest.
Larry

Trumper's also sells a sample pack and The Shave Den store offers a number of samples. Colonial Drug will also send you samples. If you do a search on this forum, there are some individuals selling samples of various creams. It is a fun quest.
Larry

Yup. Rorschuck for one! He is decanting stuff no one else is!

http://www.badgerdecants.com/

He has Feather cream! And Penhaligon, AOS, TOBS! Stay away from this guy - he's a pusher.

Last edited:
OK. The Gentlemems Quarter sells a sample pack. But I'd stay away from TGQ unless you want to become an addict. Their scents are, to put it mildly, amazing.

Which scent is your favorite? At TGQ, it's actually much cheaper to just buy the smallest size they sell rather than to get the sample pack.

Col. Conk will send you a free sample of their almond and amber soap, along with some after shave and lotion

Geo F. Trumper will send you four cream samples, several cologne samples, some skin food (liquidy lotion), and a nice little bag for free.

Otherwise, just e-mail various companies and ask.

Word of caution!!!

Use sample creams as soon as possible after receiving or store them appropriately. My cream samples dried up so bad, it was like I had soap sample in the end. Gota reorder my samples again, hope companies don't keep a close eye on reorders. Will let you know.

Use sample creams as soon as possible after receiving or store them appropriately. My cream samples dried up so bad, it was like I had soap sample in the end.

It's because companys like Trumpers fill a large amount of containers at once. They sit around until they are ordered. If you get samples that are filled at the time of your order you shouldn't have to worry.

I would second the Trumpers recommendation. I love the bag it all comes in too. If you're lucky enough to get almond, don't eat it! I know I really want to every time I smell it. Also, you might get lucky like I did and they might send you a second sample pack two weeks after your first for no reason! If you get even luckier you'll get sandalwood skin food. That stuff is addicting.

Top Bottom