What's new

Anyone purchase Floris 89 lately?

I've used the stuff for years. When I went to order last summer I was told that it had been temporarily discontinued. Noticed a little later that it was available as "new" Floris 89. I have been hesitant to order for fear that it has been reformulated and not in a good way :eek:. Anyone have any info? Didn't see any in the reviews or search. Of course I am always open to trying something similar if you folks have any recommendations. Thanks in advance for your time and info. I know it's an old fashioned scent, but hey, I am an old guy.:lol:

It wasn't really about being "new", they just brought it back to coincide with the 100 year anniversary of the birth of Ian Fleming, albeit with changed packaging. I think the juice is the same. I certainly do not remember ever seeing any posts about it being different or "not as good", etc.

It wasn't really about being "new", they just brought it back to coincide with the 100 year anniversary of the birth of Ian Fleming, albeit with changed packaging. I think the juice is the same. I certainly do not remember ever seeing any posts about it being different or "not as good", etc.

+1 Still good stuff. So good that they had a hard time keeping it on the shelf here in the US. Not to mention the whole distribution mess they ran into.

I can't wait, I have my first bottle waiting at home for me right now, delivered with todays mail.

No.89 is the scent I always come back to. Probably my favorite - and I don't think it's an old man or old fashioned scent. I'm 31 and hip and cool and what not.:tongue_sm

My bottle is from before they discontinued it so I can't speak of the new stuff.

Does anyone have a good source in North America? I was looking for some last week and everyone seemed sold out.

Does anyone have a good source in North America? I was looking for some last week and everyone seemed sold out.

I think at this point that London's is basically the US distributor, as well as a major retailer.

Other sources are British Isles Online, the online shop of a boutique in reasonably scenic but ridiculously humid Houston, Texas

http://www.britishislesonline.com/cms/storecat/Floris+of+London+for+Men,,501.html

and Beauty Encounter, a reputable and well-stocked e-tailer

http://www.beautyencounter.com/brands-f-floris-london-floris-no--89-by-floris-london-for-men.html

There is no real difference in price, it is mainly a matter of personal choice and shipping costs.

I bought a bottle at Pastuer's in NYC for around $70.
Only the 33rd street store sells Floris.
B and B members don't pay sales tax.
It smells great.
I never used the old version so i don't know what to compare it to.

Top Bottom