What's new

Questions about Pinaud hair tonics and hair loss

Hey guys, new to the group. Love it. I have a few questions about hair tonics, particularly Pinaud. I'm one of those guys very much concerned with hair loss (I take Propecia, etc) and have been using Aubrey Organics Hair Tonic for about a year, as a scalp tonic and stimulator, moisturizer, etc. It's chock full of goodies (essential oils, etc), but have been curious about the Pinaud kind. I'm wondering about the ingredients, cuz' much of it is simply alcohol, water, and stuff I can barely pronounce. What are the benefits and drawbacks of using Pinaud hair tonics? Do products with alcohol cause hair loss? I gave up using crappy hair gels and other products because I was concerned I was accelerating hair loss. I want to try Pinaud or Pashana hair tonics as light hold and manageability substitutes for gels and pomades, but mostly want to use them as hair and scalp food, so to speak. Sorry to be long winded. Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks, guys!!! Michael from Hoboken, NJ

Welcome to B&B. I use Pinaud tonics for nothing more than a very limited amount of control and the fragrances. As far as them causing baldness... I woulsn't know. I was losing my hair prior to hair tonic usage!

Enjoy the board!

Hair loss is genetically determined. So, if mom and dad are alive, you could sue them for faulty manufacture of equipment.
Seriously, Rogaine might be an option. I sue Pinaud's as as it has no alcohol, but I don't think there's a magic cure. Transplants?

HOBOKEN!?!?

The important questions you can answer are these - Benny's or Gio's? M&P's or Vito's? The answers will determine whether you are a blaspheming heretic or one upon whom has been showered the blessings of Divine Predilection.

Seriously, Rogaine might be an option.

I heard one of the side effects of Rogaine was hairy palms?!? :w00t:

As for Pinaud, have you checked out Harmon Face Values on Route 3 West Bound in Clifton?

The Aubrey Organic tonic looks pretty interesting. What does it do to your hair? It looks like its for scalp only and not really hair.... Does it condition? Provide any manageability or hold? Leave hair greasy?

In response to your inquiry about Aubrey Organics, I have to admit I'm quite in love with pretty much everything they put out. It's ALL NATURAL. Everything. No terrible chemicals or additives. The hair tonic is really just a scalp tonic, ya. It's does, though, leave my hair feeling softer. It doesn't leave it greasy at all. Check out, also, their lines of shaving products. Mike

For the most part , if your loosing your hair there's not much you can do.
You can take all the pills and treatments in the world , but your fighting a loosing battle.

I just gave in to the MPB , insulted my dad for passing it on , Grabbed a razor and went Ming..

Booster makes an orange coloured hair tonic that say "Quinine with Oil". Quinine is/has been used for hair loss.

Top Bottom