What's new

Question about Soaps

i am getting ready to try a couple of shave soaps. So far in my young DE career I have only been using creams. I have a stupid question, but nonetheless I am still going to ask it.

How do you get all of the moisture out of the soap bowl before you store it? Is it like regular soap in that you can let it air dry and then put lid back on or should I lightly wipe some of the moisture out to expedite the drying process? Or, is it ok to just put the lid back on the container as soon as I finish even if there is still moisture there.

Is it like regular soap in that you can let it air dry and then put lid back on or should I lightly wipe some of the moisture out to expedite the drying process? Or, is it ok to just put the lid back on the container as soon as I finish even if there is still moisture there.

Yes.

A little mositure won't hurt anything. It's even less of a worry for guys like myself who use a seperate bowl for lathering..

I like to let my soaps dry out (cover off for the day) if I am going to store it for a while. If I am using a soap every day I don't worry about it.

Thanks for the info. I shave at night, so I will just let it dry and and cover it in the morning.

I use Tabac and never thought about it. After I'm done I just put the lid back on. I, too, use a bowl to lather in so there is not much moisture in the soap.

Top Bottom