What's new

Fizzy "Denture cleaning" tabs?

Anyone use those fizzy denture cleaning soluble tablets to clean their DE's?

I mean, I *might* (or I might not).

Anyone else. Er, I mean anyone?

All right, I have a mouth guard and some denture cleaning tabs that I occasionally use to soak that mouth guard. I volunteer to put a SuperSpeed in so-so condition into the denture cleaning solution.

They took the stains out of the Tupperware thing my wife likes to keep ice tea in. I've also cleaned acrylic pipe stems with them.

All right, I have a mouth guard and some denture cleaning tabs that I occasionally use to soak that mouth guard. I volunteer to put a SuperSpeed in so-so condition into the denture cleaning solution.

Well, I put the so-so SuperSpeed in the fizzy dental solution for a couple of hours but was too impatient to let it sit overnight. These are Safeway supermarket brand tablets and the package doesn't list ingredients except to say that they contain baking soda. This razor is in pretty good shape mechanically but its handle was tarnished and there were some dark stains I wasn't sure would be permanent or not. Within a half hour or so the smooth parts, silo doors, top of the handle, were shining and after a couple of hours I took it out and used a little silver polish on it. Quite a nice improvement but not to the level of a fully cleaned-up razor.

I wonder if this product is on the mild side relative to Scrubbing Bubbles and its like?

How did someone figure out that fizzy denture cleaner can be used to clean a toilet? What, did they knock the stuff into the toilet one night and wake up the next morning to sparkling white toilet? And did their teeth get knocked into the toilet as well so that it became a two for one cleaning? Admit it, it's freaky.

OK, OK, I cleaned a crappy Fatboy with them and liked the shine it gave.

Method: I used 2 tabs (v. cheap brand) in a tall Pyrex jug (actually my wife's caffetiere thingy) and poured on boiling water. Fizz, bubbles, gunk floating out. Not bad thinks I.

I only left it for 20 mins but think I'll leave it all night (on my bedside table, natch).

Have to go now . . . marriage counselling session. Must tell them about my two pass BBS with a Rocket and a fresh Derby. Mmmm.
:smile:

Reviving an old thread here...

I tried the denture tablet cleaning method on two razors over the weekend and it helped to remove some stubborn grime on the handle. I also read that some denture cleaning tablets contain bleach, which can harm the plating and corrode metal, so watch out for that if you are going to try this method. The ones I got didn't have an ingredient list and I only soaked them for a few hours and didn't notice any damage, but an overnight soak may be too much.

Top Bottom